Notices

Need to get some of this **** out of my head....

Old 09-06-2004, 05:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, one other thing I did was just start renting the funniest, stupidest videos I could think of. Sustained laughter is good therapy for nearly anything (except impotence).
Don S
Old 09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Thanks, Don. I did watch one of the Austin Powers movies the other night, and it was a welcome relief. YOU just made me laugh, too.

I truly love all you people, messed up though you may be...

Hugs
Old 09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Don S
Well, one other thing I did was just start renting the funniest, stupidest videos I could think of. Sustained laughter is good therapy for nearly anything (except impotence).
Don S
Anything with Chevy Chase worked for me
Old 09-06-2004, 05:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lulu,

Why don't you start out small first? Don't be overwhelmed with trying to do all of these things all at once. Pick maybe one or two of them. What type of music do you like? Maybe I can get some songs over to you via AIM. I have some downloaded music, as well as CD's burned onto my computer. Then, you could either listen to some music you like, and have a little snack. Do you have a portable radio or "boombox"? You could take a nice relaxing bath (if you have a bathtub) and listen to some music instead. TRY THAT!
Old 09-06-2004, 05:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Thanks, DJ. I think tonight I am just going to concentrate on having positive thoughts, get some meditation time in, and get to bed early.

I DO have a bathtub, but it is to small for me to really relax in. I am 5'9'' and the tub is only about 4'!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 06:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paused

Sustained laughter is good therapy for nearly anything (except impotence).
I agree Don, laughter is a good healing tool. Just think of life if we couldn't share a good laugh. Now about impotence...may I suggest an AA meeting for those who suffer the ills of impotency. :joke: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Old 09-07-2004, 03:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Salut,
I want to thank all of you for what you've said, it could have been my thread as I can relate so much to it at this time. I am having the hardest of times at the moment and I was ready to give in.....I drank and used a little I feel so sh**** at the moment....I faced something it scared me to death, it was myself! so I went back to my "time to sabotage myself again mode" I am back with firm resolve but my soul is weeping. MY love and prayers and positivity are with you all today I hope you can send me some back dear friends I surely need it.
Love indigo x
Old 09-07-2004, 04:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Dan

Chere Indigo...
Prayers for peace of mind, I am most definitely sending to you.
Mend your soul with the love surrounding.
(xo)
Old 09-07-2004, 06:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

((((((((((Indigo)))))))))))) I hope you are feeling better. I sent you a PM. Right now, I feel like I am on the up-swing, although I called in sick to work. Just need to spend a little more time concentrating on feeling better. Gonna work on step-work today.

Let us know some more about what is going on with you....

Love and hugs--
Old 09-07-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Laura and Indigo,
Stepwork is good. When things are going awry...it's always good to go back to the basics. I like Don, Dan and DJ's music and humor therapy. It's all good stuff to get back on track. And if all else fails, you've got us to vent on. We've all been there and know how you feel. Prayers.
Sandy
Old 09-07-2004, 09:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Fellow travelers, Lulu I am so gald you have started this thread. I have been in a bad funk for weeks now. It has been really getting to me. I have decided to try to make some changes in my own attitude. Yesterday after work I went for a drive in the mountains and my addict was really in my face it wanted a drink. We argued the whole thing was really kind of insane but in the end I prevailed. It was a difficult battle.

I believe my addict is using my emotinal energy to get that drink. I know better cause I used to drink to treat my depression. Drinking only made it better for a little while. I usually ended up more depressed and with a hangover at the very least. Well back in the days when I was drinking I knew that drinking really didnt help. I drank any way and I suffered more. Today I am changing that behavior. I do feel much better even though I am often depressed. I have a powerfull impulse to reach for a drink. Days like yesterday I feel like I am really crazy as I do battle with this strong drive to drink. Today is another day. Thanks for letting me ramble on. Have a great day, thanks again for the thread.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

(((TO THOSE THAT ARE STRUGGLING TODAY)))

I'm sorry to hear your having some tough days. It is so hard to carry on days like that. Sometimes the days are never ending. It's hard to focus on why we're here and why we contiue on our path to sobriety. The draw to drink is so strong on these days. I just want to offer words of encourgement and support. That's all we can do. Unfortunately, these days will always exist and we have to deal with them. That sucks, to bad everyday isn't like a fairytale, and they lived happily ever after. Blah, blah...enough of that crap, back to reality. Stay strong as a group, we can do this together. You all remain near and dear to my heart. I want the best for you all. May the light continue to shine on you. Bless you...never give up the fight.

Talia

"I am responsible for my rose"...a quote I've borrowed from a good man among us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CAA30927.jpg (4.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 09-07-2004, 10:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Fairy tales always end happily ever after. The story is the daily struggle.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Paused

I know...where the h*ell is my prince with my missing glass slipper? I wanted to wear those today. :cursebunn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
images.jpg (2.9 KB, 50 views)
Old 09-07-2004, 10:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Patience my dear Talia patience.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:03 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hi all,
I am feeling a little better today, I had an early night did some serious positive self-talk and I get to see my therapist tomorrow. It seems I am understanding the patterns I get into....next thing is to think first and not drink or use.....I had been doing great but this says to me I must not get complacent. Thank you all guys and a special thanks to Lulu and Don you're the best.
Love indie
Old 09-08-2004, 05:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

So true, Indigo. Complacency is a beast. I get complacent and my addict monster gets stronger. I'm gonna do some extra recovery push-ups today.

Hugs to all--
Old 06-28-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

best discription of my early recovery i have come across.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey, Millwallj.... thanks for pulling this up to the top! This fits me as well. Wow. And thanks retrospectively to Laura - and all who contributed to this thread!

--anne