Notices

I'm back ... tail between legs ....

Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I'm back ... tail between legs ....

After over a year sober, I fell. Divorce, no help with a special needs child, having to go back to work full time when I should be enjoying retirement ... all shot to hell. I'm functioning ... going to work every day, doing my job, actually functioning better than ever during the day, but nights and weekends are killing me and its because of my disabled son. I have no help with him right now and he's a beautiful soul but he's killing me. My only escape is alcohol. I know it's a temporary and stupid fix but at the moment , it seems sane. I know what the truth is and plan to make tomorrow Day 1 again, but I need you guys now.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, you have so much going on! I am in awe of how strong you are! Keep writing if it helps.

I understand.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Thank you. No more excuses. Life has been hell lately and lots of changes coming, including a move out of state for my job. No room for screw ups.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi DS, it is so good that you are back...yep the drinking doesn't help at all...everything is still the same when we sober up . Eventually the drinking will make it harder to function and cope.
You have got a lot going on and I am in a very similar boat...
Somehow we have to work out a way of living without booze.
Congratulations on day one : )
Old 09-28-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're back.

You've got us & we're a pretty darn good lot. I know that doesn't help w/the day-to-day struggles of a single mom w/a disabled child, but we can encourage, love & support you. Lean on us when you need to. Get some rest & water tonight & start anew tomorrow.

Why not join us on the 24 hour thread? We'd love to have you.

Sending you love, hugs, hope & light.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember you Desertsong. Your dad or somebody in your family was lawyer that worked on a famous case? I think that is correct. Regardless, it's great that you were sober for a year. You obviously know what tools are required for you to stay sober and I'm confident you will make your way back.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Desert Song

I'm not sure where you live in WY but maybe there's a mom's support group, or some local organisation that can help you deal with some of your son's daily tasks?

Maybe others here will know.

It may take a little time but it's got to be better than poisoning yourself and your soul this way?

D
Old 09-28-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back. Please don't stay away when things get rough.

Maybe like Dee said there is some kind of support group out there.

My time in Montana and Alaska tells me that, if you can find a group, they'll have your back.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great decision DS....Glad you are Back!!
Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great to see you back...that's so weird, just yesterday I went to my profile as I'd got a visitor message, and I ended up looking through my friends list and wondered where you all were. And here you are.

I'm sorry life is tough. It must be very hard raising your son on your own. I know nothing about the system where you are and how you might be able to get support, but perhaps your son's school might be able to help? If you remember, I work in a school for kids with special needs, and my door is always open to parents who need help. It's tough, especially when you are doing it on your own. Just yesterday I contacted social care and asked for help for a parent. I wish you lived closer ❤️

Now, you know that drinking won't help your situation one bit. For me, drinking just exacerbated feelings of disconnection and loneliness. It became a cycle. I drank because I was depressed and I became depressed because I drank. That spiral can lead us to some dark places.

DS...I had over 2 and a half years when I relapsed. I have 6 months now. Getting back on a sober path was the hardest thing I've ever done, but the best. I'm SO glad to see you back with us and posting. That's the first step towards recovery ❤️
Old 09-28-2015, 11:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking to numb the stress and pain is only temporary. You know this Stay strong and positive. You have a lot on your plate , just keep your head up. SR is here for ya.

Cheers

Dru -
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Desertsong!!
Old 09-29-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome back DS. You've been through some tough times and have a lot on your plate. Hoping today was your Day 1.....keep moving forward...I believe you'll find more than a temporary bandaid in your sober future.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi DS, I went back and read your threads, I must say your life has been "full" if you will. It sounds like alcohol is working very hard on trying to ruin your life. But you have fought back. Keep fighting, you can be the winner of this war. Glad you came back.