# 1 (permalink)  

New Bee

Hello,
I'm on my 2nd. Day with AA
I'm concerned about the Detox process, l welcome any helpful
Information 🙏🏻
Old 09-27-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, SloBurn, to SR; there is an abundance of support and understanding here.

Everyone's withdrawal and detox is different. My suggestion would be to speak with your doctor or visit the ER if you have concerns. Withdrawals can be dangerous so medical advice would be wise.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Speaking to a doctor to get medical help is a good idea. Detox can be dangerous. If you have trouble, please go to the ER.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome SloBurn

the bottom line is you can't do it safer than consulting a Dr - is that an option for you?

D
Old 09-27-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SloBurn View Post
Hello,
I'm on my 2nd. Day with AA
I'm concerned about the Detox process, l welcome any helpful
Information 🙏🏻
What has you alcohol intake been like recently?
Old 09-27-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It would depend a lot on how much you have been drinking on a daily basis.(Dr.) We are not supposed to give medical advice on sober recovery. That being said 44 million Americans are without health insurance. Looking back I would take it as it comes and anything you have trouble with that is not the norm I'd google it in alcohol withdrawal systems. In fact just looking at PAWS symptoms and keeping your eye out for them would have made the process so much easier for me. I have not had trouble wanting to drink much at all--I was however knocked on my rear by withdrawal symptoms that I had no idea existed. Fortunately I found this board looking for supplements that helped with the process and found others going through the same things as me.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm empathetic to insurance issues in the US and NHS issues in the UK, and the uneven state of medicine in Asia...

but, as someone who had a very bad home detox, I'm always going to push for seeing a Dr.

There are things more important than money and good health IMO is one of them

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around, SloBee - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics - NeedyMeds
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
Call 2-1-1

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your support 😎
I've been doing some online research on this matter but I don't get the human connection & experience that all of you have given.
I'm blessed with good med. coverage so going to Dr. Would most likely be the best thing, but I wonder has anyone try a more natural remedie approach?
Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Slo. Like Dee and others have said, if you are concerned the best bet would be seeing your doctor.

Withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous and affect each person differently depending on their drinking and medical history.

I quit cold turkey, but each time I quit I always let my wife know my plan in case I took a turn for the worse.

You can do this. How are you feeling today?
Old 09-28-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you're choosing to get sober.

I highly recommend engaging your doctor even if you are not concerned about withdrawal symptoms. Turns out alcohol can damage the body long term and the doctor can help coach you on what you can do to reverse those impacts to aid in faster physical recovery.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dyl71

Welcome to SR!

You must be on Day 3 now.....Congrats. Please talk to a doctor about your drinking, and be totally open and honest......they can help you through withdrawal without suffering the consequences of stopping cold turkey.

Take care of yourself, and hydrate by drinking lots of water.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

SloBurn really depends on how much alcohol your body is used to & after you stop as others said detox all alone is not good . I was scared to inform my Dr. at first . I wasn't fouling anyone there but myself . All the trips to the ER over the years of being severally dehydrated , anxiety attacks , & stomach problems showed a trail. Of course tests results also .
If you have an underlying health condition like I do with anxiety , Dr's can help with those too . Welcome to SR Check out threads where others have similar ideas of healthy alternatives .
Old 09-28-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome SloBurn
Old 09-28-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum SloBurn!!