Notices

Having a rough time

Old 09-17-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm glad Rar. 11 days is way early and it will get better each time. You are working your sober muscles. What I did was really educate myself, I made a plan, and I work it everyday. the urge surfing and other links are great.

I'm so glad you came here and talked it out.

Hope to see you around.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
I'm glad Rar. 11 days is way early and it will get better each time. You are working your sober muscles. What I did was really educate myself, I made a plan, and I work it everyday. the urge surfing and other links are great.

I'm so glad you came here and talked it out.

Hope to see you around.
Thank you Nowsthetime. The urgesurfing really helped me tonight. I think I have a plan, but it's mostly physical activities. I need work on the emotional, mental part. Thanks to SR, I am finishing Day 11 Sober and will begin Day 12 without a hangover. YAY.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Hi All. I'm on Day 11 today. I've been having bad cravings all afternoon. I read that they only last 20 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be the case today. It's not anxiety, but a true craving for a drink. I've tried all sorts of things - vacuuming, clothes washing, reading SR, walking the dog and now trying to watch a movie. All I can think about it having a beer. Hubby just got home from work and just grabbed a beer, heading up to the shower. He will drink the rest of the evening. Right now I'm sipping on seltzer water while Hubby is drinking and it's not very satisfying.
Every time you choose seltzer water or any other beverage instead of alcohol you are cleansing your body. I've taken a liking to ginger-ale and drinking plenty of water too. I feel so much better already since I quit. It's totally worth it. Here's to your continued sobriety and your health.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Thank you Nowsthetime. The urgesurfing really helped me tonight. I think I have a plan, but it's mostly physical activities. I need work on the emotional, mental part. Thanks to SR, I am finishing Day 11 Sober and will begin Day 12 without a hangover. YAY.
Excellent attitude. Yes, waking up without a hangover is something to look forward to!
Old 09-17-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you got through it rar

D
Old 09-17-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Excellent!!!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yay!! You probably had bad cravings today because of your meal last night. I have to eat low carb/ no sugar or I crave alcohol terribly the next day. Tomorrow wil be much better
Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got through Rar. Great job!
Next time, I would get yourself out of there and do something else while your husband is drinking. Maybe you can take yourself to a movie.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Yay!! You probably had bad cravings today because of your meal last night. I have to eat low carb/ no sugar or I crave alcohol terribly the next day. Tomorrow wil be much better
I didn't think of that. Excellent thought! Thanks!
Old 09-18-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
I'm glad you got through Rar. Great job!
Next time, I would get yourself out of there and do something else while your husband is drinking. Maybe you can take yourself to a movie.
I attend an exercise class in the morning. When I go the gym today, I'm going to check into another class - like a yoga or pilates (something or that nature) Thanks!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi.

For me a very important idea given me early on was: think about not drinking as opposed to being obsessed about drinking alcohol. It worked for me because the drinking thinking usually does not last that long. Another suggestion was when we obsess about drinking that was perhaps the mind saying I’m thirsty, so drink anything non alcoholic.

BE WELL
Old 09-18-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Rah