Notices

A cautionary tale

Old 09-13-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A cautionary tale

Yesterday I heard a story about someone I used to know and how drinking has had a major life changing impact on them. I wasn't sure whether to share as not about me but felt it shows just how your life can change in a blink of an eye because of a bad decision made as a result of drinking.

Many years ago I used to work in London in insurance and drinking was very much a part of the scene. There was a woman there who was young, aggressive but very good at her job and you could see she would go far. However, she was a bully, possibly through youth, but she made mine and many others' lives a misery till they left. she worked hard and drank hard but never seemed to affect her or her decisions, unlike me

Anyway, over the years she has climbed far until she was in a very senior position. Some weeks ago in the national press there were articles and CCTV photos of a couple engaging in inappropriate sexual acts on a train and police were trying to trace the pair. It was all over the national papers. Anyway it was very clearly this woman late in the evening and as I remember her she would have been very drunk. All was revealed and everyone knew who she was.

She is apparently being prosecuted by the police, has left her job and was all over the news. A glittering career in tatters just because of a foolish decision made on the spur of the moment due to drinking.

My first thought, and I'm not proud of it, was she deserves all she gets. She made so many peoples' lives a misery. However, now I pity her and it makes me even more glad that I'm sober.

Just shows how your life can change in the blink of an eye. I hope she gets help.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cops would be looking for a couple who did that and posting pictures in the national news?
Old 09-13-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GnikNus View Post
Cops would be looking for a couple who did that and posting pictures in the national news?
Yes, people on the train reported it. CCTV pics from train were published in the newspapers asking if anyone knew them to contact the police. public indecency offences following various complaints from the public.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good cautionary tale

I hope one day she can get her life back together