Notices

Catch 22

Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Catch 22

Yeah guys nothing ever changes in this life, there is always a catch. Here's my problem…

The only thing I've got going on in my life is my kid. That has been the case for quite some time, etc etc etc.

I've been homeless for a few years now, if not always, and the area where he lives is obviously where I should be.

I've been travelling up there to meet him twice a week all summer and in fact the entire past 10 years has been a compromise on my behalf.

It's no life at all for either of us but the fact is he needs me in his life a lot more now than I might have known even.

Heres the catch: Yeah, the homeless thing- the F'n local authorities where I am from are the ones who made me homeless, and forced me into poverty prior to that.

I'm not explaining the whole thing again but I basically lost my job with clinical depression which was the start of the complex ptsd thing.

I was minding my own business and instead of either helping me or leaving me be (preferred) this office actually harassed the life out of me quite literally.

I'm not whistling ditsy either it's all on paper. The local officer made up lies about me, that I wasn't a citizen, that I wasn't living there and other stuff.

Fact is I was living there in peace or I should say trying to, for a very short while. So I fought to keep a roof over my head there because that was for the kid.

For 3 years. I 'won', in that I got the (total BS lies) overturned and the landlords got their money. But what were my options anyway???

Just F off to somewhere where I am not from??? Gee thanks, and that was always my plan believe me but see now the above.

In hindsight those 3 years where I was unsettled about losing the roof over our head and drinking to cope could have been spent a lot more productively.

It's taken me 7 years to get my guardianship for example. Maybe that should have been the priority. Or the cptsd. I chose to simply try and keep a roof over our head (and failed)

Yeah, I could go on and on and on and on but the fact is that I am tired of this. Infinitely tired. My life is destroyed, I would imagine many people would think its not worth living if it were them.

So guys my question is what am I going to do about this thing? I'm all out of idea's now obviously.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I am not sure what to say as I am not really sure what happened in your life up until now. I will say this, life is worth living and drinking will not solve any crisis small or big. If you are not sure what to do next, think of your kid and do your best to help them

Good luck and I hope you can find some good in the place your in.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The place is I am in is just another shade of hell, I can't even bring my kid here.

What has happened in my life up to now is mostly bad stuff. A lot of it I now realise.

What I have done to counteract that, time and again, its the same thing over and over is dress up well and go in search of substances. Those were the good parts for sure.

However thats not the issue here. Life is worth living alright, but does anybody know how I am going to solve this particular and overarching problem???

This is the problem, this has always been the problem. I have no idea what to do.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your son will always love you. It is the gift of unconditional love when he was born for you it lasts forever and will always be there. If he can't live with you and what you need to do right now he will be later. Breathe
Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need $$$. Are you looking for work?

I know it's easier said than done when you have lots of other problems and stressors. But it sounds like you really need a steady income to move forward.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I need about 150k. Is there any jobs that will give me that upfront? (doubt it)

Looking for work equates to f'n off somewhere I'm not from as all my peers have done.

That's the catch, well also its all the local authority crap whatever that was about.

The only difference is that they have a family to come back home to whereas I don't.

Apart from the kid. And this is getting pretty serious now let me tell you.

And by the way, I raised this boy from when he was a baby. He lived with me

So its no wonder he could be doing better. He could be doing a lot better.

In fact he hasn't had much of a childhood these past few years I realised recently.

All my fault though of course, it's the easiest thing to say right. Pfft.

Can I sue the government??? They played the biggest part in it tbh.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why do you need $150k?

Take baby steps. You need about $2000. That would be enough to pay damage + first month rent in a small apartment (even if it's just a small studio), plus get you setup. You can buy cheap furniture off CraigsList, go to garage sales, etc.

Plus if you visit the Dollar / Salvation Army / Goodwill stores, you can get for example, all the dishes, pots, pans, and silverware you need to fill a kitchen for about $40. I'm sure everyone here has done that at some point in their lives, or at least I know I have.

That will at least get you a place, and is a step in the right direction. Again, baby steps.

If you need a job, do you have a local Adecco office or similar in your area where you can sign up for temp work? If you're having trouble finding permanent work, there must be some temp agencies you can use. I've done so in the past. They give you a call, tell you to be at XYZ warehouse the next morning at 6am, you show up, unload a few trucks, get paid in cash that day.

Nonetheless, all the best!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok, sorry. Was just trying to help.

Hope you manage to find a solution somehow.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lots of people rent! Troy is right, you'll need about 2k (maybe less) to get set up somewhere.

And only the 1% can buy a house in cash, most will get a loan ... so you don't need 150k.

You could look for work in your hometown?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Small steps Strat, problems can look unmanageable if we look at everything all at once, but break it up into steps and things can be turned around.

You can do this, don't give up!!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Where to start is the problem.

Right anyway, scratch this thread.

My life is unimportant, I forgot that @ 5am
Old 08-31-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eshgham View Post
You could look for work in your hometown?
I don't have a hometown, Eshgham. I don't even know where I am from.

Thats what I am saying, I lost my long term job and applied for a rent supplement thing for me and my kid.

So the government wrote back and told me (a) they didn't consider me a citizen here (I been paying tax since age 14 mind you)

and (b) That I wasn't living where I was eh, trying to live in peace anyway. So there ya go.

What do ya say to that???????? 'Oh excuse me for trying to interact with society'

I must be wearing an invisibility cloak if anyone wants to invest in the tech.

Either that or I am a ghost. Maybe I am that. A friendly ghost. Boo?
Old 08-31-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stratman1 View Post
My life is unimportant, I forgot that @ 5am
Not sure I'm following you, of course your life is important, everyone's is!!

. . . plus being on the same island I'm pretty sure it's only about 7.30pm at the moment!!
Old 10-15-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stratman1 View Post
I don't have a hometown, Eshgham. I don't even know where I am from. Thats what I am saying, I lost my long term job and applied for a rent supplement thing for me and my kid. So the government wrote back and told me (a) they didn't consider me a citizen here (I been paying tax since age 14 mind you) and (b) That I wasn't living where I was eh, trying to live in peace anyway. So there ya go. What do ya say to that???????? 'Oh excuse me for trying to interact with society' I must be wearing an invisibility cloak if anyone wants to invest in the tech. Either that or I am a ghost. Maybe I am that. A friendly ghost. Boo?
Now then pal - long time - you ok? What's the script with you these days?