Notices

Tired

Old 08-24-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired

I'm tired of fighting with this panic/anxiety/end of the world feeling....I used to be this happy-go-lucky spontaneous girl...now I'm terrified of getting out of bed every morning...

I am exhausted...

I am addicted to nicotine, anxiety pills and alcohol...doctors don't help, all the do is prescribe antidepressants...it took me 3 1/2 years to break the addiction to SSRIs, no thanks, I don't want to take them anymore, they don't help with addictions...

I've seen 3 counselors in the past year...be present, stay in the moment...what about my fear of the past repeating itself? I lived 10 years of pure hell and I am scared, and all they tell me is to go for a walk and breathe...that does NOT help!!

I am tired...
Old 08-24-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you quit any of the substances beside the SSRI's?
Old 08-24-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've always suffered from depression and anxiety and drank thinking it eased it. In reality it made it so much worse.

since I've got sober my depression has totally gone. My anxiety is still there but is much more moderate and well managed with meds, reading, yoga and lifestyle changes.

If you're drinking then your meds aren't getting any chance to take effect and anxiety pills can be really dangerous when taken with alcohol

Maybe look at ways of stopping drinking. Imo this has to be the first step for anyone, everything else follows this.

I hope you stick around SR - it has been a great source of support and strength for me and can help you.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My drinking caused me a great deal of anxiety. It also counteracts your anxiety meds most likely. Have you considered a supervised detox? It might be a great way to start anew.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Holds1325 View Post
Did you quit any of the substances beside the SSRI's?
I'm slowly cutting down on nicotine, I switch to vaping and it seems to help.
I haven't quit anxiety meds.
I am trying to quit alcohol.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Looks like you're in the same boat as I am, the substances just don't work anymore.

As said above the alcohol could be counteracting any of the meds you have taken or are currently taking.

I am not taking any meds at the moment, I take a b-vitamin but that's about it. I'm going to give it some time before I go the SSRI route but for now it is tough!

Posting here really really helps, also prayer and church helps alot too, I just wish church was everyday!

I honestly wish I went the supervised detox rather than cold turkey I think it would've been better overall.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, I know you're a mom so you have a tremendous incentive to find a better way. Looks like life gave you a basket of very heavy items. Alcohol may be just one of them, but at least it is one that you can control. (Albeit hard.) And once you successfully remove alcohol from the basket, who knows??? the others may become light enough to carry.

Wishing you happiness and success, Patricia. One day at a time.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 08-24-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi Patricia68, I have struggled with anxiety and depression since I was a teenager.

I have been pleasantly surprised how much my mood has leveled out and how reduced my anxiety has become. In retrospect I understand that my alcohol use was exacerbating both issues way more than it was helping.

I am not saying life is one big walk in the park for me but rather that what seemed unmanageable and impossible to face is not as daunting when I look at it sober. I have lots of issues to work out and accept but instead of pulling a blanket of fear over me by drinking I am able to approach things with a bit more of a rational mind set.

I hope you get to a better place
Old 08-24-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for the support...and sorry for the depressing post. Today I just feel like I can't do this...but I know that if I drink I will feel much worse and will have another horrible night of no sleep, anxiety, etc
I need to stay strong...
Old 08-24-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you can do this Patricia
have you checked out these links at all?

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf
https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...SMA12-4474.pdf

D
Old 08-24-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Good reading, I'm going to print them. Thank you.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Adventurer

You can do it, I know you can because I have been there. Sorry to say it won't happen over night but you can feel better.

Number one you gotta quit drinking it just makes everything worse and your mind can't start the slow healing process until you stop feeding it the poison.

I never thought I could get rid of the anxiety and panic, it took some time but it is about 5% of what it was half a year ago. You will notice a difference after a month but it really took me 6 to notice the biggest difference. Quit now fight through the hell and before you know it you will have 30 days.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Anxiety down to 5% is fantastic Sva. It's amazing what alcohol does to our brains...your post gives me so much hope. Thank you so much.