Notices

I'm back. Again!

Old 08-01-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back. Again!

Hi everyone,
Been having problems accessing the site from my mobile for some reason so can only get on on my pc.
Had my op in March, didn't drink for a couple of weeks then it crept up again, I'm not drinking every day but probably 4 or 5 days a week (bottle of wine each time).
My daughter is now living with me, hubby and son which is lovely. She wants me to go to Lifeline Project which is a local alcohol service. I'd prefer to do it on my own but I feel I have to go for her. Does anyone have experience of them?
Hope everyone is well
Old 08-01-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Mavis! I have no experience with that organization but it's worth a look. Doing it on your own hasn't been enough, at least not so far. Do whatever it takes, MavisTheFairy13! Whatever it takes.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi & welcome back Mavis - I agree - anything new has to be worth a try - and your daughter wants you to do it.

Why wouldn't you?

D
Old 08-01-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't have experience with the lifeline project, but I do have experience with getting sober for others.
I ended up drunk every time.
When I got sober for me and me alone, things changed. I haven't had a drink since.

I also have experience with getting sober on my own.
I ended up drunk every time doing that,too.
when I got support and had others guide me things changed. I haven't drank since.

Have ya had any success in the past getting sober on your own? Any success getting sober for someone else?

Going could be the greatest thing you ever did. And if ya don't go you won't know if it is the greatest thing you ever did.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Mavis. That's fantastic that you have a daughter that has concern enough about you to research ways to get better. You are the one that needs to take the initiative and do this for yourself though. Whatever method you choose will require hard work and action on your part, but it is very possible. Keep in mind too that drinking an entire bottle of wine at a sitting is not "normal" drinking, even if it's only every few days. Don't forget that SR is always here to supplement any plan you choose.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Mavis!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome back, Mavis. No experience with that program, but the turning point in my recovery so far was the moment I realized I can't do it alone. Wishing you the best today...
Old 08-01-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Mavis; it is great to see you.

Sounds like you have a wonderful daughter; I don't know anything about the lifeline project but why nt give it a try!?!?!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Mavis i remember last time we spoke on the forum that husband was enabling i dont know if that has changed but now you have your daughter living with you which made me so happy when i read that btw i think going to get help in any way shape or form is proactive and positive plus you now have a trusted babysitter so getting to things is easier and gives you time to really get involved in your sobriety

Really glad your back give it your all realise & accept alcohol isnt the answer

Are you going to smart mtns

Mavis think about the next 24 h and thats it dont let it daunt you you can do this

XoXo
Old 08-01-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Mavis!!

Is doing it on your own, really working though??!!

Letting other people in, using as many resources as I could to crack this thing was the best thing I ever did, alcohol and addiction would prefer us to remain in isolation.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
I don't have experience with the lifeline project, but I do have experience with getting sober for others.
When I got sober for me and me alone, things changed. I haven't had a drink since.

when I got support and had others guide me things changed. I haven't drank since.

Have ya had any success in the past getting sober on your own? Any success getting sober for someone else?

Going could be the greatest thing you ever did. And if ya don't go you won't know if it is the greatest thing you ever did.
Pretty much, this ^^.

I'm so glad you're back, Mavis. I've thought about you & wondered how you've been.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post

Love this post tomsteve... very accurate and put a smile on my face. :-)
Old 08-01-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

No experience with that particular program. I was failing to do it on my own and recently started an outpatient program. I was desperate to get help and it has really jump started my recovery.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Mavis! Stop it, OK?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Realising my life

So good to see you back, Mavis!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Mavis! Glad you are back.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you all I am going to try the lifeline project, I do want to do this for myself as well as my daughter. Hubby still buys me wine if I ask even when I've told him not to. I'm on a different antidepressant now as previous one stopped working, and it's taken a few weeks but I think i'm finally starting to feel the benefits which should help. Just feel so unhealthy at the moment and have zero energy
Old 08-01-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Anyone else having problems accessing the forums from mobile phone?
Old 08-02-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning mavis if hes buying you alcohol after youve told him not to make a point of pouring it away and hel soon stop or ask why sorry about that

but boy am i glad your back ..... Maybe a family mtn would help with boundries as for you seeking help good on you its proactive

My mobile access is excellent on SR our tablet broke last week and since ive found using my mobile is like a minature tablet lol i can even copy and paste http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

Spk soon Mavis you can post in the tech problem section to find out whats going on with your access the tech team are second to none