Notices

Its about to get real....

Old 07-30-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its about to get real....

11 months. Creeping up on a year. Everything I have complained about on here for the past year is coming to an epic end. My drunken boss tried to steal our tip money Saturday, had a temper tantrum, raised his hand to me and spent the next day telling people he was gunning for me...so I quit yesterday. I was warned by others not to go to work alone. It's not worth it. My daughter went to visit her father and while she was gone, significant other, on his 5 day bender, pissed in her bed. As she was visiting, she told her father about his drinking. I was threatened with CPS and court papers in my near future. Who knows what her father will do, it doesn't matter, she stays with me and no man will come before her. And my truck is falling apart. This is it. The universe, god, creator...whatever, is forcing me to take this stuff head on. I'm nervous...but I'm going to make it. This is what I have been working towards...a new life. Everything will be ok. Right?

Jennifer
Old 07-30-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You've got this, Jennifer!

Listen to your hp, stay in the solution, do your best. The universe will take care of the rest!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Uuugggghhh big fat sigh...thank you. Hey! I don't have to work at that stinkin bar anymore!!

Jennifer
Old 07-30-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's a lot on your plate Jennifer, but it sounds as if you are handling it all as well as you can. Everything has a MUCH better chance of being OK as long as you continue on your current path of sobriety and responsibility. It's great to hear you taking these things on and making it through them...a real testament to what we can do when we put our efforts into it and quit drinking.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, Jennifer. That is a lot to be hit with at once. But can you imagine how much worse it would all be if YOU were the drunk one?

So, let's take the problem one at a time.

Problem 1. You had to quit a crappy job. It sounds like you are a server. And it sounds like you are better off not working for a thieving, violent drunk. Don't you think? Find another job. ASAP. This was a blessing in disguise.

Problem 2. Your SO pee'd in your daughter's bed. Flip the mattress, be thankful that your daughter wasn't around to witness the bender, and think about whether SO should be shown the door. He doesn't sound like he is good for you. Or for your daughter. In the meantime, recognize that Child Protection is not going to step in unless your child is at serious risk. And your remaining sober will guard against that. Your drinking again will make that CPS visit much more likely. And maybe even inevitable.

Problem 3. Your truck is falling apart. Mine is too. Ask around to find a trustworthy auto mechanic. That make take some effort. The trustworthy ones can be hard to find. See how much money you are able to scrape together, then ask the mechanic to prioritize what work needs to be done, and pay for the work that you can afford.

IMHO your being sober and facing these problems still suggest to me a better future for you than if you were still drinking. A much better future.

Good luck with your situation. We are here for you.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay, no more bar!!! you're gonna be fine. Work your program, doors will open.

I never believed any of that crap until I worked the program, and darned if life didn't get awesome.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jennifer, it does sound like quite a test for you, but it also sounds like you have things figured out. I am sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great time to resurrect your Morning Prayer thread

You'll figure this all out. If you work in restaurants, there is always another job. Maybe try a corporate one next time. I worked at a big chain full-service restaurant/bar for 14 years. It was a great job.

Sending prayers for serenity, clarity, and discernment.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

You got this Jennifer were with you
Old 07-30-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi Jennifer, I worked in bars/restaurants for years and have plenty of experiences with working for people like your FORMER boss. Good for you for quitting!!! There will be doors and windows opening for you at the right time.

I won't offer any advice but lots of positive thoughts coming your way. Echoing everyone else - dealing with all of this sober is a gazzilion times better than not sober.

You sound very strong!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You're right: You might be nervous, but you will make it!! We're all here cheering you on. Awesome job Jennifer on 11+ months!!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Way to go on 11 months, Jennifer! Sorry to hear you've been handed so much all at once. Lean on us as much as you need.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zjw

We walk through life. life does not exist at a standstill meaning you wont have to sit here staring at your scary problems for very long you will walk through them and get through them. and thankfully it doesnt exist at a standstill it would be a lot scarrier if it did.

hang in there it will work out.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jennifer, everything WILL be ok. You have a worldwide network at your fingertips here, and we are all ready and willing to help. I won't tell you how to overcome these obstacles, but I'm confident you will. And it will be much less stressful doing it sober.
I have teetered on the edge of failure in everything at one point or another (marriage, finances, house, even my life), and somehow I'm still here to tell the tale. Congrats on your sobriety and leaving that boss in the dust. Time to move forward. I like your title, its about to get real. That's probably exactly what you need. Best wishes.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

You know what they say Jen - and I believe this - everything will be ok in the end.

If it's not ok, it's not the end

Lean on the support here
D
Old 07-30-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking would only make things worse, but you know that.

Congrats on 11 months sober!
Old 07-30-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You've got it!
Old 07-30-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Did he hit you or just threaten? I'd be at the police station or talk to a lawyer. His action or threats caused you to quit your job. That's illegal.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstymer View Post
I am so sorry, Jennifer. That is a lot to be hit with at once. But can you imagine how much worse it would all be if YOU were the drunk one? So, let's take the problem one at a time. Problem 1. You had to quit a crappy job. It sounds like you are a server. And it sounds like you are better off not working for a thieving, violent drunk. Don't you think? Find another job. ASAP. This was a blessing in disguise. Problem 2. Your SO pee'd in your daughter's bed. Flip the mattress, be thankful that your daughter wasn't around to witness the bender, and think about whether SO should be shown the door. He doesn't sound like he is good for you. Or for your daughter. In the meantime, recognize that Child Protection is not going to step in unless your child is at serious risk. And your remaining sober will guard against that. Your drinking again will make that CPS visit much more likely. And maybe even inevitable. Problem 3. Your truck is falling apart. Mine is too. Ask around to find a trustworthy auto mechanic. That make take some effort. The trustworthy ones can be hard to find. See how much money you are able to scrape together, then ask the mechanic to prioritize what work needs to be done, and pay for the work that you can afford. IMHO your being sober and facing these problems still suggest to me a better future for you than if you were still drinking. A much better future. Good luck with your situation. We are here for you.
Thank you for keeping everything mellow and in perspective.

Jennifer
Old 07-31-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

We're here for you Jen. You are a strong person, with a ton of will and drive. You will make a better path for yourself.

Congrats on 11 months. That's a huge accomplishment and one that is allowing you to face these obstacles head on. You can think yourself for being strong enough to make it to this point.

Lean on us.