Notices

Ive decided.....

Old 07-29-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just hope I dont giggle... not that im not taking it seriously its just when im nervous I giggle... oh god....
Old 07-29-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Don't giggle they will throw you out haha.

Not really, good luck.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

blueberry , I'm soo happy you decided to go I remember my first meeting , I still get warm feeling inside I learned a lot more tools in just a very short time . Those meetings helped me more than anything I tried before .
You'll be just fine !! Don't know for sure if it will be like the ones I went to, but the part that touched me the most . Is when they would hand out tokens . It would almost make me cry with Happiness to see the one that received them . Such wide bright smiles & their eyes would light up the room
((( Enjoy )))
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimuk View Post
Don't giggle they will throw you out haha.

Not really, good luck.
Ha ha Ive been thrown out a few bars in my time but to be thrown out of an AA meeting?!!! Lmao.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueberry2015 View Post
Ta.... I am well nervous ha ha feels a bit like when you go to a job interview kinda nerves... ish! Im sure i'll be fine once im in there.... im putting on make up and getting dressed and everything AND stepping outside my front door.... I havent done that in a week!
That's a good one. Dressed to impress. Believe me, nobody's going to grill you like if your at a job interview. Don't need to bring a resume. The women do seem to care more about how they look than the men. Me, I just put on whatever is in eyesight and off I go. You're going to do fine. It's actually real simple. Just walk in, find a seat and your good to go. Talk if you want, listen only if that's where your coming from. Than go home and relax. The important thing is that you showed up. Takes guts just to do that. Have a good time. John
Old 07-29-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention. But at the end of the meeting someone will stand in front of the meeting and offer chips depending on length of sobriety. You will probably be considered a white chip person. Most new people will walk up and take one, but I've seem some not too. DO WHAT'S COMFORTABLE FOR YOU. There will always be another meeting. John
Old 07-29-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just hope I dont giggle... not that im not taking it seriously its just when im nervous I giggle... oh god....
Like they say, just picture everybody naked. John
Old 07-30-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ha ha Ive been thrown out a few bars in my time but to be thrown out of an AA meeting?!!! Lmao.
Yer gonna have to work veeerrrrynhard to get thrown out of an AA meeting.
Glad to read ya went. The next meeting you go to I suggest getting a big book.
AND read it. The first 164 pages are the program and the rest is personal stories.
You can also find the big book online to read for free.