Notices

Just looking for some support

Old 07-24-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovesunrises View Post
Hi all: I am feeling like a mess today and beginning to think there is no hope for me. I can remain sober for months at a time, but then I drink again and start the whole crazy cycle all over again. I have everything to be grateful for, and I consider myself a smart person. I just don't know why I can't beat this....I'm just so frustrated.
Look again, deeply, honestly at what you've been doing to support and EMBRACE sobriety.

Where have you missed something? What within you still calls to be found and addressed? What have you changed about your life and your self? What have you refused to change?

It takes a whole commitment, a whole change, a whole shift of self.

And you will find that the whole self you discover is so much more full and real and joyful and wonderful than you ever imagined.

you can do it.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That's a good idea
Old 08-01-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Well, I took your advice Free Owl and the rest of you wonderful people. I decided to make some changes/shifts and try to gain a better understanding of why I continue these binges. I checked myself into a detox place the 24th for the past week, met with a psychiatrist there to make a plan, went to my regular therapist the day I got out, which was yesterday and went today to a new place where I was referred to sign up for another round of IOP that starts Monday. I also met some new friends at the center and we all really clicked. It was fun to laugh and share stories and we have already made plans to get together for dinner or something once everyone is done with their rehabs/etc. Well, that's the readers digest condensed version of what's been going on with me since I last posted on 7-24. I am determined to beat this once and for all. I have to. Thanks again all for your support, suggestion, etc. it means a lot to me.