Notices

Going to California today.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The Anza Borrego desert is an interesting place, I think. It was so silent that friends and I tried to see how far away we could get from each other and hear each other whisper and it was clearly audible quite far away from each other.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I will try and check out the Ventura Harbor and the Reagan library, I am from the NY Hudson Valley and the FDR library in Hyde Park is fantastic too. I am working in Oxnard but actually staying in Carpinteria.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Definitely check out Santa Barbara. Lovely town.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Been here a week tomorrow and just about finished all my work. I haven't had any cravings or anything and the guy I am working with isn't drinking either which is good. We are going to take a boat to check out santa cruz island tomorrow. I will be flying home Thursday night.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you checked in and are doing good, sva! Have fun on your boat trip. Sounds like a good time.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Went on the boat trip to Santa Cruz, was really nice. Saw some Whales and dolphins, got to go snorkling. Alot of people were drinking on the boat, it didn't bother me but I did "notice" it when I saw it so I guess I still think about it. I am pretty sure my mom who never drank because of her dad being an alcoholic would not have even noticed it but who knows. Just checking in.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good news sva. You went snorkeling? Are you crazy! There are these creatures called great white sharks around there, I hear they like people. Again, glad to hear you are well.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
My flight leaves around 5 EST. I used to love flying and traveling, it really is hard getting used to life without booze. It is much better though in so many ways,
Traveling and hotel rooms have been, hands down, my biggest trigger. After a few trips I am now used to traveling and not drinking. It happens pretty quickly. I check in here on SR every day when I travel. Aren't smart phones great?

Enjoy your trip. I love California.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Glad to hear about your flight and hotels sober. I have yet to pass that hurdle in my recovery so I applaud you so much for getting through and for your inspiration!!! Enjoy CA- I was in Laguna Beach / Dana Pointe last yr and it was amazing.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
Glad to hear about your flight and hotels sober. I have yet to pass that hurdle in my recovery so I applaud you so much for getting through and for your inspiration!!! Enjoy CA- I was in Laguna Beach / Dana Pointe last yr and it was amazing.
Thanks, yeah it is really nice here. I do hope they get some rain this year though.

I am not sure if I would have been able to handle this trip four months ago. I am happy to be going home thursday.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post

Traveling and hotel rooms have been, hands down, my biggest trigger. After a few trips I am now used to traveling and not drinking. It happens pretty quickly. I check in here on SR every day when I travel. Aren't smart phones great?

Enjoy your trip. I love California.
Thankfully I am staying at a company house not a hotel. Either way though it could have been a big trigger for me in the past. I know a lot of times I would use getting away from home as an excuse to binge. Just taking it as it comes and if I feel the need re reading stuff I wrote from January when I was going through withdrawals.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Back from California, last few days were hectic but no drinking occurred. I almost thought I would have to fly back out to finish the job as the truck kept getting delayed. In the end it all worked out and the truck arrived. I then got stuck at Burbank airport with a delay but it was not a big deal. Thanks for all the comments while I was gone.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome home

D