Notices

Neurologist appointment today

Old 07-11-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Send me a PM anytime Dennis.

D
Done

My name is August West, and I love my Pearly Baker best more than my wine.
More than my wine - more than my maker, though he's no friend of mine.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Well w\ funeral, burial, & living expenses $250 is impossible. Honestly it is cheaper to make a phone call & grab some xannies to make it to her appointment.

That is just a last resort. Relapse will never happen. I can't go back to being a lush. This weekend or anytime.

I'd lose all the respect I have gained by being sober. My younger brother was gonna cancel his trip just out of fear for me & mom alone. But I pushed him on cause I know he needs his grieving process too.

Our family, not just me, has been through allot these too years. I use the term Me, but it's my way of holding back family info.

Speaking of info, I would really appreciate a message from Dee or any admin on a situation I have.

Dennis

I am truly sorry to hear that your situation is that difficult. And some things will take time. However, relapsing is going to make it worse. Have you ever come down after escaping reality with xannies? It is the most terrible thing. Reality got worse in the meantime because of it.

I'm glad to hear that you are really determined that you will not relapse. It would make everything worse for everyone.

You're suffering. It is bad. The key is to make every action you take is one that at least does not make things worse. And if possible, better.

I know stress, believe me. I'm lucky to be alive. 10 years and a couple of months ago I escaped death and it was a really, really close call. The past 10 years have been extremely stressful for me, with alcohol only making it worse.

But you know what? It gets easier. Things that used to stress me out don't anymore. You adapt. You get stronger. I think it's actually that stress that caused me to generate a positive attitude in defense to it. And that attitude and having adapted to really, really bad stuff has made quitting for me relatively easy I think.

One thing that has allowed me to get through it is an inner sense of strength that cannot be broken. It's subtle, but indestructible. No matter what happens. Based on that strength I have survived and grown in terrible situations.

You can do this to. Take on such an inner sense of strength for yourself. It should be there, effortlessly. I hope you can find it, because once you do, it never goes away.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JerryFish View Post

I am truly sorry to hear that your situation is that difficult. And some things will take time. However, relapsing is going to make it worse. Have you ever come down after escaping reality with xannies? It is the most terrible thing. Reality got worse in the meantime because of it.
Thanx But actually never used xannies or any pills to escape reality; only booze. I'm very very strict w\ myself & meds .. Both times I was prescribed them I usually took less than suggested & actually got s**t accomplished (like all these doctors appointments)

So there is no "coming down" from xannies. I have never even experienced a buzz from them. But again TY ..

Dennis