Notices

App on my phone that has been helpful

Old 07-06-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb App on my phone that has been helpful

Well, the most helpful app I have on my phone right now is the SR one! But I also downloaded one called "I Am Sober." It tracks your days sober (I wish it tracked the hours and minutes, too), and also how much money you have saved by not buying the drug (for me, alcohol) that you normally would. I think I am going to put that money it is tracking into a separate category in my bank account, and maybe spend it on something awesome for myself in the future.

I just figured I would let you all know a tool that has helped! After this week, I feel that any positive reinforcement is huge.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here, welcome - a week is a great start!
Yes , I too have an App that is a reminder of time accumulated. It took around 10-11 months for me and I really did not look at it all that much. I still do on occasion though.

Most the money that I "saved" by not drinking has gone towards cleaning up the wreckage of my past. If you can ever get even with what you spent vs. what you save going forward you're in the minority. I do read of those friends buying themselves something. I was so selfish I figured I spend my extra $$ on someone I harmed along the way.

I wish there was an App for the opportunities destroyed along the way - monetarily and relationship wise....That's the true cost of alcoholism.

Keep up your good work!!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Originally Posted by whiteturtle View Post
...I wish it tracked the hours and minutes...
Hi WhiteTurtle,

If you're interested, I use a similar app to yours but mine also tracks hours, minutes, how many calories you've 'not' consumed based on how much--and what--you used to drink, and how many drinks you've resisted / not consumed.

It's a pretty cool app... It's not fancy but it provides a lot of great info. The app is called "I'm Done Drinking" and it's $0.99.