Notices

Benefits

Old 07-01-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudgin

My list really isn't as grandiose as some I read. I was serious about not finding fault in others. I had a good friend tell me one time I was great at telling everyone else what they should do. I think that is common among us - tell other how to fix their lives.

One thing that is very real and is an underlying foundation on your great thread is we take action. For year we talked - blah, blah, blah........
I would say that most friends with 6 months sober or more are taking action/doing something different.

Sometimes these things are very small but demonstrate a continued willingness to change - to adopt new, better habits replacing the old bad ones.

Today I woke up early and made my son lunch to take with him to work. I cut the grass- takes an hour - did some morning reading, prayer, meditation and went to my store.

Did a favor for a lady who is not even a customer. She had called others and they did not return here call. It was a hassle, but I was compelled to help this aging women. She stopped back by my store with some cake and tamales~ Go figure.

I went to a meeting, had some great fellowship - ate a bite with friend, back at shop typing this!

Pretty ordinary day, really. How extraordinary
It is in the small, mundane things I know take great joy - doing my utmost for others and myself where I am lead. Not always, I am still selfish alcoholic! But, there is change through willingness to try.

I do not drink and That is the greatest benefit in my life and those around me.
Hope!

Thanks for the useful thread!