Notices

I am going to be preemptive

Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am going to be preemptive

I may need your support today. As you know I have been trying to sort out this foreclosure issue. It is very difficult because of the legal issues behind it and it is taking a long time. My attorney says that I may have to file bankruptcy (BK) to stop the foreclosure (even if it is a wrongful foreclosure) because time is too short. I only have until July 6. I am just so angry at the mortgage company for screwing this up! BK will ruin my credit.

And today I found out that my sister-in-law's multiple myeloma has returned very soon after her stem cell transplant. Because of the early relapse, things look very grim.

I am angry, upset, stressed and a myriad of other things right now. I have to be careful since this is usually when I pick up the booze. This sux.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AF, that truly does suck. And it's a lot to deal with at one time. I'm just glad you still have some options. True, BK isn't the best option, but you can recover from it with time. If you have to do it now is the time anyways- think of how many people have filed in the last 5 years? There are all sorts of offers and deals right now for people with bankruptcies. At least most of the country is right there with you- it would be even worse if things were financially stable in this country!

I'm really sorry to hear about your sister in law. I'll keep both you and her in my thoughts.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Art))) dear girl. Its a hard day for both of us so let's stick it out sober, okay? I figure if I can stay sober through the stuff we're dealing with it will give me something to look back on when the next lovely life event happens and I'll know I can do it.
I'm really sorry about your lovely SIL. I know she has a very special place in your heart. Xoxo
Old 06-27-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The old adage ... drinking won't improve anything ... but it certainly helped me blot it all out for a little while ... the problem ... it ALWAYS led directly to Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization ... and when (if) I sobered up, the problems were still there ... and often times they had gotten much worse while I was drunk.

Do the next right thing ... Do the next thing that has to be done ... God direct my thinking, God direct my thinking ... Third Step Prayer ... Serenity Prayer ... keep in touch here at the Sober Recovery Community.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... but it was REAL BAD before I got Sober & FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2 ... ArtFriend
Old 06-27-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Drinking will not solve this & cognitively it will leave you worse off

Then the next day etc

Thinking of you hope it gets sorted AF
Old 06-27-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't see how drinking will fix any or your problems or make you feel better? It always made me feel worse when I drank when I was upset..... magnified my problems and distorted how I would handle them.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I just took a nap and feel a bit better. I may get some ice cream in a bit. Hanging on.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep us posted!

Glad you came here ahead of time- that was a smart move.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I normally don't...and then I post after I am in my cups. But, folks here reminded me to come here BEFORE I start going downhill. Glad to have you guys.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted AF

I'm really sorry about your SIL, and about the foreclosure hassles.

It must be different in the US - here if a bank made a mistake it would be up to them to sort it out, not you.

In any case I know you will

Everytime I solved a promise sober , I stood a little taller and relpase moved that much further away.

Stick with us AF

D
Old 06-27-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you aren't drinking, AF! That is a lot on your plate.

Stay close to the forum. We are here for you
Old 06-27-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

So Glad you reached out ArtFriend.

I'm sorry for this financial issue you are sorting through and the news of your SIL.

These are the tests life throws at us....and so proud of you for posting. Stay close (((((((AF))))))
Old 06-28-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry about your troubles, AF. I hope you can get things resolved satisfactorily. As the others have said, you're going through a tough time but it will be better sober.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How's it going AF?
Old 06-28-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah - how are you AF?

D
Old 06-28-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey...I am fine. I turned in early last night. These kinds of issues are so taxing that they wear me out. Thanks for your concern everyone!
Old 06-28-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Sorry to hear about the requirement for bankruptcy. I'm not understanding how that improves the situation with respect to the foreclosure already in process? I've shared with you in other threads about the devastating news of your sister-in-law's recurrence. So sad. I want to say you reaching out really will continue to help deal with these awful storms. It always helps me to not deal with serious challenges just on my own. I'm always better for sharing my troubles with folks who have an understanding of their own challenges in life.

You're in our thoughts and in our hearts (((ArtFriend)))
Old 06-28-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad you got a good night's sleep!
Emotional stress is way more taxing on me than physical stress.
I like it when I'm worn out from a good work out, but I hate it when I'm mentally exhausted. It's not a good feeling.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through Art!!
Old 06-28-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Sorry to hear about the requirement for bankruptcy. I'm not understanding how that improves the situation with respect to the foreclosure already in process?
No, Rob, I am trying to avoid foreclosure which is scheduled on July 7th. By filing for BK now, I can stop the foreclosure from happening. It is not an ideal way, but I have no other options right now.