Notices

Ready to try again...

Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello,
I just came back 2 weeks ago (well tomorrow it will be two weeks). I have lots of supports in place this time, SR being one of them. Anxiety and stress have always been triggers for me, so I am working with my doctor to control both. I also have found that I needed to change my typical nightly routines. I am happy to be on this journey with you.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

June thread is here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ne-2015-a.html

D
Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

same :-(

My Friday was my big embarrassing day too and I am going to do my very best. I'm on day 3 and really hoping I can stick to it this time.
Good luck to you xx
Old 06-01-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WildernessVoice View Post
Hi Allie & Oioi,

Just asking what you can do to help means everything to me. I think I need to stay close here, get really real with myself about what I truly want from life and accept that as an individual I suck at social drinking, just can't do it. I don't have an off switch...

Oioi, no I haven't but I did stop smoking last September with the help of Allen Carr's book. Smoked for over 25 years and that with help of a forum have remained smoke free and I know I won't go back.

Sometimes I feel like I get the rationality of not drinking but then the evening comes and I am alone now so I give in to the desire to feel numb. It is not the stopping that gives me trouble it is making it a permanent lifestyle that I simply have not been able to achieve.

I know that because of my battle to quit smoking that the desperation to have a substance does go away with time or should I say lessen with time..... I just need to find that strength inside again to make this a permanent life change.
Thank you both for writing...
The book on stopping drinking by Allen Carr seems just as good as the smoking book. I've just started it, I can't put it down lol.