Notices

Motivating yourself

Old 05-26-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Motivating yourself

good morning

I am self employed and struggling to motivate myself. I can't get myself to focus on my work. I could be making so much more money. I start and stop.....and never finish anything. I'm like in mid swing. Someone on here said something about being sober and feeling like a kid before the alcohol and pot. I can see myself as a child living to learn and accomplish things. But right now I'm just not there yet and it's depressing. I'm only 6 weeks sober im hoping my motivation will come back. I'd appreciate your feedback on your experiences and especially tips of what you did to get yourself back fully functioning.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

I think it's just going to take time Deb. I'm just over 90 days and still find myself going in fits and starts. Some days I just sit on the couch and some days I find myself highly motivated and just buzzing around. I think the high functioning days are happening more often. I know I'm not going to get all crazy about it because this sobriety thing is a journey and is not going to happen in one day. It will be a lifetime.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I start and stop.....and never finish anything
Prioritise , then try and achieve or complete one thing every day .
Procrastination is part of what kept me stuck i still have to pull my socks up and unstick myself .
I do try and do at least one thing a day as i feel i've achieved something then .

I'm never going to be perfect but i do whats important, i try to keep the procrastination at bay and the work load manageable .

Bestwishes, m
Old 05-26-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

when the time is right

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post

good morning

I'm only 6 weeks sober im hoping my motivation will come back.
good morning
This last time sobering up I seemed to have no desire to do any type of work for a few months. I'm sure that you will not suffer for that long because most that I see get sober do not. In early sobriety I thought that for me it was kind of a cop out -- but -- I told myself that if all that I did for that day was not drink -- good enough.

The good news. The day came when I tackled a pretty big project that I had been putting off for some time. Once I got into it, I was well pleased. Yes, the yoke had been broken.

Truly, the main thing for us is just to not drink or entertain the thought of drinking today. All else will fall into place when the time is right.

Stay strong Debbie

MM
Old 05-26-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Make a checklist.
Work the checklist.
Repeat.