Notices

Trying to get sober and stay that way

Old 05-23-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrCaesar View Post
I do stupid things like pound a malt liquor on the way home from work--something that would once have been inconceivable to me, but is now commonplace.
It only gets worse overtime. And the things get stupider and more dangerous... It's a progressive disease. I've spent years knowing I have a drinking problem but unwilling to quit completely. Tried every way of moderation possible, cut off drinking for months at a time. Eventually, it led me down to a very scary place... I've come to find solution in complete sobriety, and hope you will come to it too before it gets too dangerous.

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 05-24-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome. This illness knows no boundaries. The temporary escape it provides is a lie. The results of long term use are all negative. This site is an awesome resource to support you getting on a healthy path.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum DrCaesar!!
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome,
I am a school principal with three kids of my own, and have struggled with drinking for some time now. I kept thinking I will cut back, and I would for a while, and even stopped completely for three months. However, I found that the stresses of work, kids, and life in general led me to pouring a glass or five of wine each night. I just started back again, on day six, and would love to have a fellow educator along for the journey!