Notices

day 2 .

Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2 .

Ended up drinking on Tuesday realized smoking was a trigger . So now I'm on day 2 with no cigarettes or booze. And I feel pretty good . Works pretty slow so the days take forever to end but other then that I'm doing alright . Already have more energy from not smoking . I have a 3 day weekend coming up so that will be the real test . I drank Tuesday but not my usual so that was good well not good but you know what I mean . After I put my son to bed tonight I'm either going to watch a new movie or do some research. I think tomorow night I'm going to try and get to my first AA meeting it's at 630 pm I believe . Hopefully my son's behaving and my girlfriend will watch him while I go...

Last night I really really reeeeeallly pigged out on food. Couldn't stop didn't even get full I know I can't be doing that . Quiting smokings tough you feel so hungry that's the worst part. Especially when I get out of work it really hits me at work I'm fine but right when I get to my car everything hits me all at once .
Old 05-22-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I wouldn't worry about pigging out on food too much early on. Quitting cigarettes and alcohol at the same time is tough enough.

Congrats on making it to day 2! Looking forward to hearing about day 3.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey foryoumyson join us in the 24hr no nicotine/no smoking forum. Some only have a few days/weeks/months and its great support. I quit cold turkey 143 days ago and feel great. The first 7 to 14ish days are the hardest part. As far as I know quitting cold turkey can't kill you so you can't use that as an excuse.

It is so rewarding to quit smoking. It will greatly improve your quality of life. You can do it. Also, check out WhyQuit - #1 quit smoking site if you have time. Lots of stories of people who should have quit sooner and a lot of great articles on cold turkey. I found it very motivating.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi FYMS. Congratulations on 2 days

The best thing about quitting smoking is that after a while you don't have to work at it like you do the booze. The cravings go for good
Old 05-22-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great can't wait for that to happen. I know if I quit smoking I'll quit drinking that's how I started in the first place. I guess to stop I need to end the both of them. But im feeling alright some tightness in my stomach and a little tougher to breath sometimes and light headed I can deal with all the physical pains and aches it's just the mental part that usually gets me. That's my only weakness I'm weak lol only when it comes to these 2 addictions everything else I'm strong with for some reason. Just can't wait to get out of work very boring day. Driving myself crazy trying to find something to do...3 more hours left then I have 3 days off. Going to try to make the best of them I know if I was drinking I'd drink all 3 days and be hungover at work on Tuesday smelling like a brewery most likely with my bloodshot eyes.

I'm going to make this work if my AV likes it or not. Time to grow up and be the man and father I'm supposed to be and not the shell of that person. Actions speak louder then words and for the last few years it's just been words I've been wanting to quit for the past 3 years. Making my self suffer with every new day 1...
Old 05-22-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep on keeping on reap the benefits of sobriety
Old 05-22-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you follow through with that AA idea FYMS - you need something different than what you've been doing, man....

best wishes

D
Old 05-22-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by foryoumyson View Post
I know if I quit smoking I'll quit drinking that's how I started in the first place...
If it were that simple. There is rarely one thing that we can point to and say, "That's why I drink." You say it's smoking, but in past posts you have cited your son's temper tantrums, boredom, being away fro SR, needing to relax, because you're tired, and so forth as why you drink.

Quitting smoking will be a great benefit to your health, but please don't narrow your efforts in recovery from alcoholism to just that one goal.