Notices

Checking in, what not..,

Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in, what not..,

May, be nice to me...
.......I believe I am in day 10..... I tried not to count, I was hoping it was more somehow; just so foggy. I think about it as I wake up, through out the day & before bed. I've wanted to drink, i become irritated (although i dont show it, i am inside), I wish i could just enjoy a cold beer right now or just a cocktail with friends, but i know i cant, part of me still in denial, but Im just reminding myself of the outcome and hoping to last another week... Welcome new May people, I wish the best for all of us! Lets keep going , day one or years going, just keep going... Much love 💙 Remember to breath deep....
Old 05-03-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Lady congrats on reaching double digits

My advice would simply be keep reaching out whenever you need to lean on us through the tough times keep interacting on other threads i find it helps massively

The thoughts of drinking is known as your AV you have identified it thats brilliant

So now what do you do well you know drinking leads nowhere and to misery so based on that you could keep telling yourself im not going to drink today i know i can do that....just for today

youl be surprised how much that will help and have you thought about other therapys of any kind ?

And im staying sober today too keep on keepin on Lady
Old 05-03-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Lady ,

I found deliberately cooling off if i was frustrated was something i had to learn to do ,
unclench my fists , reduce my grip , relax my jaw and shoulders , take some slow deep breaths , lean back if i was hunched forwards ,

Just these physical things gave me a toe hold from where i could work .

I'd certainly recommend reading some of the stickys at the top of the forum about plans and how other people deal with the ups, down and frustrations of life sober .

take care

m
Old 05-03-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi lady, try to gives yourself lots of self-care in the days ahead. 10 days is hard and 10 days is awesome. You're doing this! Great advice above. I echo it.

If you can, try to build in some physical activity when you're having tough times -- anything that gets your heart rate up. This helped me relieve feelings of anxiety, anger, etcetera.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lady I'm with you. I'm day 15 and I'm really struggling. I keep crying on and off. Not sure if I'm crying for a drink or crying because I've put myself in this bloody whirlpool. My partner is commenting on my bad mood today. I'm not a moody person but day 15 is the longest I've went without a drink in a good while.

Well done on day 10. I find just logging on here and reading threads helps so much when feeling so all over the place. I need to make a plan. Let's stay positive. We don't need drink in our lives. It's all lies. Tell that addictive voice to feck off.

Be good to yourself and keep going.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations Lady and Stuts on 10 and 15 days respectively.

Just keep thinking one day at a time. It will get better
Old 05-03-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there, you guys. It's normal to be all over the place emotionally. It gets better. Just don't pick up a drink today.

It takes time.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 10 is fantastic Lady!! Keep it going!!
Old 05-03-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

💜

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi Lady congrats on reaching double digits

My advice would simply be keep reaching out whenever you need to lean on us through the tough times keep interacting on other threads i find it helps massively

The thoughts of drinking is known as your AV you have identified it thats brilliant

So now what do you do well you know drinking leads nowhere and to misery so based on that you could keep telling yourself im not going to drink today i know i can do that....just for today

youl be surprised how much that will help and have you thought about other therapys of any kind ?

And im staying sober today too keep on keepin on Lady
Thank you, it feels like this weight on me to drink, play it in my head to just go to the store, its, Sunday , excuses...but yes i went through a tough withdrawal and I focus on not wanting to feel that again...
Much love 💙