Notices

Is it really all in my head???

Old 04-18-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it really all in my head???

Hello my fellow addicted souls. I have read articles on this site several times in the past and it helps but I feel like I have finally come to the point where I have realized I am ready to truly give up my own sinful addictions. Yet I continue to find myself in situations that lead me to endulge. First I want to start by giving a quick history. I was addicted to meth for much of my late teens early 20's. I moved away and kicked that habit to the curb. That's when my relationship with alcohol began. Yes, I should have known better. My Dad is a recovering alcoholic of about 20 years now and I went to rehab But, I'm so darn stubborn that I want to learn myself. Well, I have!!! I can't drink either. After my 3rd encounter with the police I was done with the police and refuse to be in that situation again. It's been 3yrs since an incident like that accured. Well now I have found myself struggling with my addiction to Adderral. I got away from everything else but found this new friend could help me accomplish thing (that I used to do on my own with ease). I have chores and laundry (laundry is my enemy) I used to have no problem with these task then the stimulant came along and helped me out now I feel like I can't find the energy to get anything done at home even though I have no problem at work getting task done quickly. I feel like it's all in my head...Any suggestions???
Old 04-18-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome valeriemae
I don't know much about adderral but I think it's pretty normal to start to believe we need our drug of choice to function.

I know you'll find support here.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome valeriemae
I don't know much about adderral but I think it's pretty normal to start to believe we need our drug of choice to function.

I know you'll find support here.
Thank you. I almost didn't post because I was afraid of the hateful things people would say but after reading other threads it's seems people are very supportive.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're all very supportive here

D
Old 04-18-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alcohol was my drug of choice, however in my AA meetings there are some who talk about meth and have said that they were clean from meth for years, took adderal one day and justified it because its not a "street drug" and were evetually back on meth. I know the two are similar in that they are both amphetamines.... Its a slippery slope when you get addicted to something. I worry about ever taking pain medication for fear that i might "like" it to much.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome valeriemae, I am relatively new here myself. Keep reading and posting. You have conquered meth in the past. I don't know much about adderal (anything really!) but I am sure you will find help and support here
Old 04-19-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Valeriemae!!