Notices

Day 1again and cannot even believe it

Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLife90 View Post
You may have to drop that friend. A good friend who really cares about you would never encourage you to drink. I know my friends would beat my butt!
She is out of my life. I am finding many many of my life long friends and family have issues with alcohol. I found this true last time and I cannot tell you how many of them were so glad I was back on the party bus!" I have very very little support - they are all moderate to heavy drinkers. What makes me different is I want more out of my life than to be hungover, remorseful, overweight and sad that I was buzzed through my kids childhood.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back asbyee do you have a plan going forward? D
I am working on one, Dee. Being back on sr and reading through the group back in Aug 2013 - I should still be in that club, but I made a very conscious decision to drink. It took me weeks to think about it- WEEKS! And bam! I did it. This is important- because I let those stupid thoughts get a foothold and we were off. So moderate at first and then - you know- nightly........ Not a lot every night........... But, I feel bad. Period. I am working on a BIG BIG PLAN- this is the first step. I missed you all💝
Old 04-14-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Similar thing happened to me, including the drunk dating. I only had five months sober at that point. I fell off the wagon for two months and now I'm back. I've been sober again a month. It isn't too bad at all. I had missed sobriety as much as I thought I mised drinking. You can do it.