Notices

I drank again

Old 04-10-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I got me some of that thar social anxiety. Been goin' to a group to help with it. When I'm feelin' peachy I don't care none what other people think an' I'll say whatever convoluted thing I got rattlin' 'round in mah word attic.

Know how ya feel mate.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This!

Originally Posted by least View Post
I drank again so many times until I finally wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. Accepting that I could not drink was the key to my staying sober.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Para

You drank again - not good but it doesn't mean you're doomed either.

Add more things to your recovery plan - really use the support you have before you drink...be unafraid to make changes in your life to support your desire to stay sober.

You'll get out of your recovery what you put in. Give it all you got

D
Old 04-10-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Para. I'm living proof you can get back on track & stay there. I stumbled in the beginning - I'd been so used to relying on it - but we don't need it to face the world. Things are so much better with eyes wide open. You will do this!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the supportive emails and not judging me. Today is day 1 for me again. It's been a very low day for me, but i've dusted myself off and will try again.
I did not drink today, and I plan not to drink tomorrow. I'll be going to an AA meeting first thing tomorrow morning. And I'm going to get a temporary sponsor.
I so want sobriety. I don't want to drink.
I did a lot of thinking today. I'm still here, and i'm here because God has a plan for me. I think he wants me to get my act together.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I read a quote on a thread here recently where some wise soul said, " I won't say I'll never drink again, but I won't drink today". I've been repeating the " I won't drink today" part every day for 3 weeks. One day a time. We believe in you 😘
Old 04-10-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Para

I'm only on day 8 so take anything I say with a pinch of salt, but I don't think you should feel down for slipping up. Going 5 days without a drink is a tremendous achievement that you should be proud of it. You're NOT right back at the start again. The way I look at it, you've drank less than one sixth of what you normally do in the last week.

I was nearly climbing the walls for a drink last night. If I do give in one night I'm sure I'll feel bad about it but I'm just going to try and go a bit longer next time, and then a bit longer the time after that. Who knows, maybe this approach will work. I think the worst thing is to feel that you haven't achieved anything every time you make a mistake. I just don't think that's true.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Para View Post
Thank you so much for the supportive emails and not judging me. Today is day 1 for me again. It's been a very low day for me, but i've dusted myself off and will try again. I did not drink today, and I plan not to drink tomorrow. I'll be going to an AA meeting first thing tomorrow morning. And I'm going to get a temporary sponsor. I so want sobriety. I don't want to drink. I did a lot of thinking today. I'm still here, and i'm here because God has a plan for me. I think he wants me to get my act together.
Sounds good!!! Please keep us posted, and post when you are feeling overwhelmed, tempted...etc,etc. praying for you

Jennifer
Old 04-11-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good luck with the meetings and finding a temporary sponsor. Let us know how you get on.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I lapsed four times always around day 5 and am now sitting strong Day 12

Just keep trying I found that now I am so pissed off with constantly failing it has driven me more to stop, and also now I keep remembering how bad I felt when I failed and that drives me to keep off the drink.

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yes you can be sober but you need help. That could mean meetings, medical, psychological help but you cannot do it alone. I feel for you my friend. Just know that so many of us have been where you are and have made progress. You didn't start being a problem drinker overnight and you will not make real progress overnight either.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You can do it Para, we believe in you.