Notices

Ooops I did it again...

Old 03-31-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Court jester

Welcome CK! Thanks for being here. I really enjoyed your post.

You will be unsuccessful dealing with your problem if you approach the problem with the same skill set, perception and understanding of yourself and your world that helped, in part, to create the problem in the first place. The drinking part is easy. The living part without drinking is the challenge, as that requires mental, emotional and spiritual change. It requires change in how you see and feel about yourself. It requires changing old ways of thinking. It's a personal spiritual journey that becomes a part of your daily life.

There is no magic bullet. No book that can fix it when the final page is read. No doctor's perscription, no final exam to graduate. It's a consant way of daily living that continually unfolds into greater awareness as we remain open to change.

The rub is, the price to pay for getting at least to the starting line of the journey is to not drink. Not drinking requires planning and often those plans include changing the way your go about your daily routine. You'll find your way and what works for you if you focus your attention on it and make it your utmost priority. Once committed to that, all else will fall into place.

We've all been there brother. I offer not a mandate, but simply my experience. Ultimately this is your journey and I think I speak for most when I say that we are all here to support wherever it takes you.