Notices

New here, longwinded story....

Old 03-17-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by insearchofsober View Post
I am in the same boat, 2 dwis just got my license back after 2 1/2 years a few weeks ago. I have been drinking a fifth of vodka every night due to the fact i diddnt have a vehicle and life sucked. Now that I have a car, I am still drinking though....I had the worst hangover of my life all day today. So I am about to finish up this glass of vodka (only one glass) and pop a benadryl and wait for the nightmares to come. I need to do this or I can not sleep. The level of my hangover was something crazy, shaking, chills, vomiting all over. Actually, after my morning vomit i ate something around 5pm and then a half hour later i poured my drink....took 3 or 4 sips from it and puked up the food. I am really sick and it sucks and I am done with the hooch. I am weening myself off of it and need to learn to drink in moderation like normal people do.
If you're like me, you'll find you can't drink in moderation. It's either all or nothing. So for my health, I chose nothing.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to the SR family ramius!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree with Jillian. When I'm totally sober, drinking in moderation sounds like a great idea. My AV reminisces about all those times I was just buzzed and how great it was. It doesn't remind me that after that buzz, I usually got totally hammered or even blackout.

Once I get buzzed, all bets are off and I'm going to drink everything I can get my hands on. If your brain is wired the same way, then I think total sobriety is the best option.