Notices

My new battle

Old 03-06-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My new battle

First off, Thanks to all for the wonderful support on SR! I am amazed that I have been sober since 12/28/14, I never would have thought I could do it! I have brought this up before, Forgive me but it helps to chat anonymously.I have conquered that deadly demon named alcohol but still deal with anxiety & depression. I was told to stop working last Oct. by my Drs. My new battle is my financial state. My pay was cut in half while I try to get SS disability.Last week I was denied on my first application for SS. Stopping work just before winter in Wisconsin was bad timing, it's been torture to be stuck indoors with no extra money.I am hoping next weeks warm up to near 50 will lift my spirits. I'm trying to be hopeful about the future but it nags me inside to be 50 and be in such poor financial straights.Thanks for letting me rant,Mike
Old 03-06-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mike,

This is not the situation you planned to be in at this point in your life, so it's a question of accepting what is. Your drs have given you their advice and you are working on the bureaucratic aspect of not working. It may take some time, but things will get sorted out. I definitely relate to your comments about winter, as this has been one of the longest winters ever and I think getting some sunshine and getting outside and moving around will help your depression.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope things will turn around soon in all kinds of ways Mike

D
Old 03-06-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I really agree with Anna & D's post if you ever want to talk you can send a pm bud
Old 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to read about your situation. I don't have any hard solution, but have been told by someone currently going through the SS disability process that they are notorious for initially turning people down. Soft advice: stick with it and advocate for yourself in any manner you can.