Notices

I need help getting a job!

Old 08-13-2004, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help getting a job!

I'm not exactly a new comer in recovery anymore, but, I do need help getting a job.
Right now I'm driving a cab(my normal work is in the computer field) and I don't think I can do it much longer. I was in an accident last week and I'm lucky to be alive. I have worked hard with my recovery and have no desire to drink again, but, I wish my suffering would end soon.
I probably won't get the help I need here, but, I thought I would throw this out here anyway. I will continue to pray to my higher power(GOD) and hopefully soon things will fall in to place.
I have to go to work in 1 hour and I dread it, but, at least I have some kind of income coming in. Hopefully I won't have to do this job much longer, I feel I desrve better.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

greetings tom,
i have been in recovery for 8mths. i relapsed this week and it cost me my job.
i picked up my slip chip tonight. im now unemployed but as all my recovery support tells me, this to will pass. your taxi job is only the job before your next. better times will come and nothing happens in gods world by mistake. sit back, enjoy life in every breath you take and good things willl come.
stay sober and you will be happy, joyous, and free.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2004, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey Tom,
Get out there and put in those applications and resumes. It's like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. God will provide, but we have to do the footwork. Good luck. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-14-2004, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Tom, I am a Human Resources Director and have literally seen thousands of resumes in my twelve year career. I would be happy to take a look at your resume and offer some ideas.

Feel free to email it to me (hopefully, it's in Word) and I will get it back to you ASAP.

Dave
Old 08-14-2004, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Magic and David.
David I was unable to send my resume to you as an attachment. I need your full e-mail address to do so. Mine is "[email protected]"
Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tom M
I have worked hard with my recovery and have no desire to drink again, but, I wish my suffering would end soon.
I probably won't get the help I need here, but, I thought I would throw this out here anyway. I will continue to pray to my higher power(GOD) and hopefully soon things will fall in to place.
It seems you have found you answer here. The help you get here is a matter of what help you are willing to take. As you have said,you want your suffering to end. The answer is in what you want, the answer is in YOU! No one can keep you sober but you! Recovery is not an event, it is a process. Keep praying for what will make you comlpete, and ill pray for you!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Tom,
I'll be praying for you, that you soon find the job your looking for!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tom, I sent you a pm with my email address at work. I will get back to you with any ideas.

Dave
Old 08-23-2004, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Dave,
I sent you my resume about a week ago, I still haven't heard from you.
Please let me know what you think? Thanks.
In the meantime, I keep looking. I know there is something good around the corner.
It's just a matter of preserverance. Good things happen when you least expect them to.
The main thing is that I still have no desire to drink today.