Notices

Day One Again....needed to say it "out loud"

Old 08-21-2004, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One Again....needed to say it "out loud"

Yesterday I didn't drink OR take any pain meds but did smoke a little. Today I'm not going to even smoke anything. My head always plays the game of "I don't have a problem". If that is actually the case then today and the next few days should be a breeze right?????????????? YA RIGHT. I just needed to say this to other people because when I just say it inside my head it NEVER works.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

You are not alone. We all are doing the same thing, trying to stay sober just one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow, just get through today. And yes, accountability is good.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(((((( Still me )))))) Just for today ...
Old 08-21-2004, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah...Paulie's right. We're all in the same boat
Just trying to get through each day without giving in. Alcohol used to be my reward for a tough day done...now I can't have it. It really blows sometimes. Hang in there Still. I heard it gets better.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hang in there, take it slow, you can do this!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

One day at a time....One hour at a time....One minute at a time....One second at a time....what ever it takes. You can do it. You are better than the drugs.

Hugs to you--
Old 08-22-2004, 11:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((still me)))

One day at a time, we never have to use again. But we only have today. Glad to have you here.

Sherry
Old 08-22-2004, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

glad you came to a place where we try to put our heads together! i am sending you light and love. alice
Old 08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well my resolve lasted until 8:58pm that night. My friend called at last minute and said lets head to the coast. That's all it took. Finally dragged myself back home a few hours ago and just feel sad. I'll post again if I make it thru tomorrow without anything.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey still me... it's OK.. I'm so new to this... my last drink was around 5 pm last Monday... I don't know if I can give good advice. One thing that you may have to change are friends. I have one best friend and she's been my drinking buddy for years, I haven't told her that I quit, I have just been putting her off. She called today and said we need to get together, I told her we should get dinner this week. I'm terrified. Not of losing her friendship (because if I do, she wasn't my 'best' friend), but when we go to dinner, will I be able to NOT drink? I plan to tell her, but in the past when I've talked about stopping, she blames MY drinking on other things and doesn't believe I have a problem. I'd always go along with whatever excuse it was and drink myself out of my mind. Now I see, it's just one BIG thing we have in common. She's still a weekend drinker, my weekends turned into a week and then weeks. My advice: Try to get to this site as often as possible, there are so many good hearts and spirits here..if you haven't tried a meeting.. do, I was so scared last Tuesday, but I went and I felt hope and strength. Remember, even though none of us are in the same room, we are all together in heart and mind.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Yes, I had to change friends, places I hung out, I had to change everything. It takes effort to stop, put the effort in, know you are worth it. WE are not judging you here, we are here to help you.

You are still alive, you can stop.