Notices

Amphetamines withdrawal?

Old 01-31-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amphetamines withdrawal?

Has anyone here had experience with withdrawing from amphetamines? I am 4 months clean (used alcohol and amphetamines for years) but still feel very fatigued, sleep a lot, depressed. I would like to speak with someone who had the experience themselves. i want to find out if these symptoms are directly directed from withrawal from amphetamines or if i am developing a depression. if related to amphetamines how long do the last?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think its best to speak with a Dr in case it is depression

Ampetimines used to mess with moods i havnt touched cocaine or mdma for nearly 4 years

I definatly wasnt having withdrawl four months after stopping i would speak to a Dr
Old 01-31-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
p***enger

I got off an addiction to speed and abuse of a lot of other substances (except alcohol, stayed on that, shouldn't have) years and years ago. All I remember is that I was very reclusive, paranoid, and withdrawn for about 9 months -- tho the worst of it passed in about 8 weeks, in that I could go back to school, kind of (not sure I passed many classes LOL). I'm not sure how much of it was the physical after-effects of chronic drug abuse and how much was underlying problems that had led to the abuse and a lot of ... crap, ya' know?

I recommend that you see a doctor. I should have sought help, and I didn't, and 35 years later here I am trying to be sober for the first time in my life, with a lot of time behind me that I could have spent... better.

Be well, seek help.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your recovery. I also recommend that you talk to your dr about your concerns re possible depression.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I got off an addiction to speed and abuse of a lot of other substances (except alcohol, stayed on that, shouldn't have) years and years ago. All I remember is that I was very reclusive, paranoid, and withdrawn for about 9 months -- tho the worst of it passed in about 8 weeks, in that I could go back to school, kind of (not sure I passed many classes LOL). I'm not sure how much of it was the physical after-effects of chronic drug abuse and how much was underlying problems that had led to the abuse and a lot of ... crap, ya' know?

I recommend that you see a doctor. I should have sought help, and I didn't, and 35 years later here I am trying to be sober for the first time in my life, with a lot of time behind me that I could have spent... better.

Be well, seek help.
I am getting help. i have a therapist, a psychiatrist... answers are vague though, and i want all my chances to recover. personally, and with all due respect to the scientific approach, i find the empiric knowledge as essential as the scientific for our recovery. so thank you for your feedback. quite helpful and congratulations on your recovery!!!!!

Old 01-31-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

4 Months is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I think its best to speak with a Dr in case it is depression

Ampetimines used to mess with moods i havnt touched cocaine or mdma for nearly 4 years

I definatly wasnt having withdrawl four months after stopping i would speak to a Dr
Thank you Soberwolf for the feedback. it is helpful. i am seeking professional help but would like the experiences of other addicts as well. have a great day!!!