Notices

Day 27 clean from opiates and needing help.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JD

Exclamation Day 27 clean from opiates and needing help.

I have been clean and sober for 27 days now. my habit was 10mg perc or lortab every 3 hours For 4 years. I decided to go cold turkey when I realized that the pills were effecting my memory, track of thought, and putting it before my own family and school. Now I look back at days 1-7 and seem greatful I made it this far without any help from any medications except ibprofren and vitamin super b complex. I'm having amazing days and super depressing days. I want to be social and go walking at the park or anything besides setting at home with my own thoughts but due to the weather being so cold it makes it hard to. I've tried the hobby thing but I tend to get too bored or impatient and quit. I've tried cleaning and that helps but I cant clean my house all day long or I'd burn holes in my furniture. I listen to music which helps alot due to me being a huge music lover. I've also tried helping family members with their troubles which help but aren't satisfying as much as I thought. I feel as if I get trapped in my feelings which lead to lack of motivation, energy, "shut people out mode". Can anyone relate? I feel bad for the mood swings. I've even accused my husband of cheating due to my depression or whatever u could call it. I'm starting to think that even the withdrawls will ruin my marriage. Thank you so much in advance. I truly appreciate everyone on this site. Bless all of u and happy futures ladies and gents
Old 01-30-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How about a NA group just to be around people who have had the same experiences?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD

I've thought about it but I live in a very secluded area so traveling is hard. It's an hour til I get close to civilization. I have realized talking on the phone helps but since I cut out all of the negitive out of my life it only left one person to talk to which is my friend. I'll call Monday to the doctor. I cut out all meds when I went c/t. Maybe my depression meds were actually doing its job? Or maybe I need another evaluation. When I was younger I was diagnosed with bipolar and when I started using they re diagnosed as manic depression. Could the opiates made a false diagnoses? Just curious
Old 01-30-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about online meetings?

D
Old 01-30-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I think seeing your doctor is a really good idea. Your body is still adjusting and if you've also stopped with your anti depressants that probably has had a big impact on your moods and the ups and downs you're describing.
Make a list of everything before you go to the doctor.....the quitting perc cold turkey, the depression meds, the bi polar stuff..all of it...that way he has a really good understanding of what's going on.
And congrats on 27 days!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD

Thank you everyone. I'll definitely take all advice and use it. It will get better with time, I just know #hopeiskey
Old 01-31-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on 27 days
Old 01-31-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yep, hie thee to the doctor. You can't just stop anti-depressants.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 27!!

My substance was alcohol, but it definitely took some time for my moods/emotions to adjust, I guess the body can't adjust overnight, it needs time!!

Hang in there!!