Notices

I'd rather come crawling back than be alone

Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I found total abstinence much more relaxing than trying to moderate.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Chances

When I realised moderation would NOT work for me I finally rationalised and finally moved on to accept that I am an Alcoholic. Thankfully I found this site and shortly after very quickly learnt that many great, wonderful, strong and selfless people are alcoholics.
I will always be an alcoholic in my mind - I must accept this for me to protect myself. BUT I will always be a PROUD Alcoholic (even though I won't be telling many people in my life as it's not character flaw). Honesty to oneself is real life and true strength.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Maybe consider printing out your post and carrying it with you in your wallet. Moderation does not work. I proved this to beyond reasonable doubt over and over again. Now you have proved it too. So there is no need to prove it again.
Moderation = your AV
Move forward now and face the only reality which is that you need to stop drinking forever...one day at a time.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree with everything above. I tried so many ways to moderate and really believed that was the only solution as there was no way i could abstain and one day something would work...nothing ever did and i now know never will. The only one option is complete abstinence. It sucks but its the truth.
No need at all to crawl, jeez i bet theres not one person here who hasnt tried unsuccessfully on plenty of occasions before recognising stopping is the only option.
Good luck, u CAN do it!! xx
Old 01-28-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Right there with you alphabet, I can't moderate either. I am glad to be back. My way doesn't work.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

glad to have you back Alphabet
Old 01-28-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Alphabet, you were one of the first people I met when I joined SR in August of 2013. I consider you a friend. And I am very glad that you are back here with us.

I hope you will post often and let us know how you are doing.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the welcome back.

I feel like I should maybe write down all the reasons why I cannot drink in moderation; all the failed attempts, the hospital stays, the works. One would think those experiences would be enough in and of themselves, but nope!

2015 was already looking up. I got a job and while unfortunately a blizzard has struck leaving my area holed up for days, I go back tomorrow and I go to full time in two weeks, which is something I feel I really need: STRUCTURE.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey - Alphabet - I challenge you to write a full and frank narrative of your story! I will certainly read it and will no doubt be able to identify with much of it You have things to look forward to and doing this might be very helpful to you and maybe a bit cathartic.

Take care