Notices

Then it all becomes real

Old 01-19-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 24 hours! Keep going one second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time! Whatever it takes! You will be so proud of yourself and what a feeling it will be to have your son be proud of you too. Logging on here and talking to everyone really does help. Keep on coming back and we all look forward to hearing about your progress. You can beat this!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey MP:

I can totally relate. One day my children came up to me and asked me why "mommy and daddy always argue" that was the 1st straw. Then my daughter came up to me and asked "why are you always in the garage?" (I never drink in the house always in the garage / which was everyday) That was straw two. Then my son asked "why do you always have that can in your hand?" That was straw three.

I had known a long time that I had a problem, but when your children start calling you out, it was a sickening wake up call. I have struggled since wanting to get sober, but as other people have already stated, its one hour at a time, one day at a time etc. I started this path for my children and my wife. But I learned quickly I had to do it because I wanted sobriety. Everything else (wife / children) fall into place when I got my reasoning right. I wish you the best of luck in your journey.