Notices

So worried....I quit my job today!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I cannot thank all of you enough for sharing on this thread ... I too am in "flux" right now after leaving a high paying job and being unemployed for the first time in my whole life.

I chased those career dreams all the way to the top and reaped the rewards - but I've learned that those high paying jobs do come at a price. Now, I am redefining who I am and making a serious effort to do something less stressful and personally rewarding which equals 1/3 of what I am used to making. Luckily, I am in a good financial position now and can adjust my life to a more frugal style - it is a shift but one I am happy to make.

I am 2 1/2 years sober just about and I am thankful to be dealing with this personal reinvention with a clear head and nothing but options ahead. If I was still an active alcoholic I would probably be careening toward implosion fast and furious.

I am grateful to be sober, secure and healthy. The rest will follow suit

Thanks again to all - you helped keep me sober (and sane!) today.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Wonderful! I couldn't be more happy for you. I'm sure it will turn out fine. When my wife quit her job to stay home with our daughter we were alittle worried about eliminating that income as we pretty much spent what we earned, but everything worked out/is working out and sometimes we see other family going on multiple vacations each year or getting a new car every other year, or this and that we are just happy with the many blessing God has given us...
Always remember Proverbs - Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Thanks for your post, I think this will make it to my Sober Journal.