Notices

Day 2 eek

Old 01-12-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Decided to come back and just have a little vent hoping I may get to sleep if I get this outta my head lol aaarrrghh. My head right now is going like this...'can't imagine never relaxing and having fun again' 'yea but your doing it for the right reasons which are more important' 'but what about the summer, barbecues, party's' Xmas dos, nights out'...'ok take one day at a time' ..'what about when my friend says I don't have a problem and she really needs a night out with me, what about I said I'd go out with my sister one night'...' Don't think about that now'...'my dad said I can't really be dependent because I only drink at night so maybe it's ok'...'no you know it's not ok'...god I'm going on holidays in may and I going to be surrounded by people drinking'...god trying to take one day at a time and I know it's early days but does this get easier because I'm driving myself nuts here. Have work in the morning and nowhere near wound down! My counsellor was happy with me just reducing and I'm wishing I was still just doing that but I know I can't just reduce, it doesn't work and I have to stop completely and I will but I can't imagine never having that feeling again. Trying to just take one day at a time but this is so hard. I have so much respect for everyone who's stayed sober. I'm not gonna give in but I hate this!
Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's very scary at first. I don't have much sober time but I can tell you it gets a little easier everyday.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jaded girl try these breathing exercises 3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice Anywhere - Self help for anxiety - @AnxietySlayer

or try to read a book that seriously tires my eyes dont overthink the future it hasnt happened yet we got now tho

Tomorrow is a new day jadedgirl and there will be bad days but they will fade as time goes on

hang in there my friend
Old 01-12-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi Jaded girl try these breathing exercises 3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can PracticeÂ*Anywhere - Self help for anxiety - @AnxietySlayer

or try to read a book that seriously tires my eyes dont overthink the future it hasnt happened yet we got now tho

Tomorrow is a new day jadedgirl and there will be bad days but they will fade as time goes on

hang in there my friend
Thankyou Hun. Keep trying to just think of today but my head says different. Will keep practising that though. Didn't even think to practice breathing exercises. May download some meditations too :-) Should know better but don't seem to be thinking clearly ATM. Just picked up a book actually and thought going to have a read (haven't read in ages and used to love a book). Sorry for the vents...good to have somewhere to do it though and the support here is amazing I'm so grateful x
Old 01-12-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

JadedGirl, you're doing fine. There is a whole world of sober fun and relaxation just over the horizon.

Try as best you can to relax. Breathing exercises can work wonders and are one of the most underrated methods of relaxation in my opinion. Once you are relaxed you will be better able to manage your thoughts. Look up the tips for urge surfing they are quite helpful.

And most importantly: focus, focus, focus! Get in the zone!
Old 01-12-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mns1 View Post
JadedGirl, you're doing fine. There is a whole world of sober fun and relaxation just over the horizon.

Try as best you can to relax. Breathing exercises can work wonders and are one of the most underrated methods of relaxation in my opinion. Once you are relaxed you will be better able to manage your thoughts. Look up the tips for urge surfing they are quite helpful.

And most importantly: focus, focus, focus! Get in the zone!
Hey thanks Hun ...it's just that feeling isn't it...gonna miss that sooo much! Head in the zone tho! Going to read up on urge surfing now. Know a little about it but need to reacquaint myself. Stupidly I actually teach breathing exercises but this is one of those times where it's sooo much easier to teach others what to do and forget the basics myself! Starting to feel a little calmer and confident again now (flipping heck never been so up, down and bloody sideways so much in the space of a few hours xx
Old 01-12-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh and good job I'm joining the gym tomorrow as I've eaten 3 pain au chocolate in the last 2 hours as well as my tea and smoked about 10 fags in the same space lol gna be on the treadmill with a fag in my mouth tomorrow way it's going haha x
Old 01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Last edited by JadedGirl; 01-12-2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: .