Notices

Sleep

Old 01-12-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleep

please find me. I will be going back to work next Monday after being off for months.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your return to work goes smoothly.

I have no secrets to finding sleep (I wish I did), but at least, try to rest.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

As Anna said, Sleep patterns is a difficult one and personally for me was the worst aspect as I have a part time job which is extremely physical so when insomnia kicked in initially I had a real hard time keeping the pace up at work.
I tried herbal sleep remedies which worked for me but you will know better with the feedback you receive from your own body upon your return to work.

Wishing you extremely well my friend.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A paper book and some herbal tea still does the trick for me, used to even go for a long walk and then a warm shower!!

Hope all goes well back at work!!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

im with Pk a good book is great for tiring the eyes
Old 01-12-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will try guys....ughhh...the insomnia
Old 01-12-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tonya,

I'm an insomniac and understand. The most important thing is to not get overly anxious about not sleeping. It's no fun but you can get through this. A really good book if you are still troubled is Desperately Seeking Snoozin. Just go to bed and rest and pray to God and thank him for your sobriety. He'll get you through the days. Work may help you to finally find some sleep. Pm me if you like. Sleepytime tea and a book are good for starters.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm having trouble too. I'm in a new place and I tried herbal, tea and all that stuff. I figure eventually I'll sleep because well I have to in order to survive. LOL. It's going on two to three days with barely any sleep and I'm still going to meetings and work. It's painful but it's possible. I get really anxious about sleep too but I have let it go since it's honesly out of my control.

I look forward to after my meeting tonight to watch a movie and relax. Hopefully the zzz's will find me and if not at least I'm sober. My brain will calm down eventually.

Good luck and just wanted to share that I understand your pain!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tonya,

I'm an insomniac too. Try not to get too anxious about this. You'll get through it. It may not be easy but you'll do okay. Get as much rest as you can and get off your computer several hours before bedtime. Sip some sleepytime tea and read, pray and meditate. A really good book is Desperately Seeking Snoozin. Here's a tape to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LKFp0Sy71c I have lots more. Every little bit helps.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tonya,

I'm an insomniac too. Try not to get too anxious about this. You'll get through it. It may not be easy but you'll do okay. Get as much rest as you can and get off your computer several hours before bedtime. Sip some sleepytime tea and read, pray and meditate. A really good book is Desperately Seeking Snoozin. Here's a tape to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LKFp0Sy71c I have lots more. Every little bit helps.

Last edited by Kris47; 01-12-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: double posts
Old 01-12-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I read and drink Sleepy Time Extra...but I think time is the biggest thing to help. I used to panic over sleep but it always came eventually.