Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

It's hard to stay sober when your married to an alcholic in denial.

Notices

Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a bad case of the post holiday blues. My anxiety is out of control and it has resulted in a week long of every other day binge drinking. And each time I can only remember 1/2 of my evening.

My drinking has escalated and is taking a toll on my marriage and my children. I've fallen down the stairs, suffered two concussions, split my head open twice. And don't remember a damn thing.

2 1/2 years ago I was assaulted and dumped out of a car. I did not file a report. I did see my doctor. But I did not tell my husband about the assault until recently. Plus a year after the assault I was attacked from behind and robbed. That is when my social drinking turned into a problem. I'm so angry and when I drink it's like a switch and I never know when it's going to go off. But I take my rage out on my spouse. I am in therapy but lately that just seems to be making things harder. I pull off a scab and expose my pain then come home and watch him drink a twelve pack or go to the pj to hang out while I'm supposed to sit around and drink tea and process all of this on my own. All I really want is a glass of wine.