Notices

Day 20 and struggling slightly

Old 01-07-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20 and struggling slightly

Hi Amigos,

Day 20 and relieved. Feeling physically stronger and lucid. I am struggling with the fact that my aplogies fall on deaf ears. It appears that I will not be given an opportunity to correct the wrong. It makes me very sad. I will stay the course, more insight will surely come.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
totfit

20 days while a great accomplishment thus far is a short time. Let your deeds and actions speak. Apologies often fall on deaf ears when the bearer is still suspect. Time heals wounds. Continue the path.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by meltdown667 View Post
Hi Amigos,

Day 20 and relieved. Feeling physically stronger and lucid. I am struggling with the fact that my aplogies fall on deaf ears. It appears that I will not be given an opportunity to correct the wrong. It makes me very sad. I will stay the course, more insight will surely come.
Well done on 20 days! Staying sober will more than make up for your apologies - stick at it.

L x
Old 01-07-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 20 days! Staying the course will mean you never have to make apologies for drunken behavior again. It is such a relief to wake up in the morning and not have to sift through the happenings of the night before. And I agree with the others, your apologies may be accepted when more time has passed.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by Foolsgold186 View Post
Well done on 20 days! Staying sober will more than make up for your apologies - stick at it.

L x
This ^ you are doing great. Words don't teach. Experience teaches. Keep on giving yourself the experience of an improved life. So that anyone that is around you experiences it too. Lead by example and others will eventually sense the shift in you. Also, have you forgiven yourself? Stop beating up on yourself for the things you've done and who you are? Have you made peace with yourself? You should! Or how else can you expect other people to? Best of luck
Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

20 Days is fantastic!!

Don't be too hard on yourself, I had many stints of a few weeks Sober and then it fell apart so it took others to see ongoing change in the longterm and then eventually people came around!!

Hang in there!!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on 20 days, meltdown. Stay the course; people will eventually 'hear' the sound of your actions and sobriety. Words are so often meaningless in the beginning as, well, they were often proven to be so in the past. It takes time and action to regain trust.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on 20 days Meltdown

There wasnt many that were ready to forgive me aswell

i remember when i was 90 days i was putting the rubbish out and my neighbour was there she basically tore into me and i took it it wasnt nice and i listened to her

she was right.....at the end she finished with its good to see you sober

i thought well thats a start

then around month 15/16 i think ...the same neighbour knocked on my door and asked for help i jumped at the chance and helped her husband move heavy steel onto a van

as i went to walk away after finishing from helping he said wait...he jumped down from the van took off his glove and shook my hand it was like he was trying to say something and i walked away nervously but knew they recognised that i was changing for the better

I never would have thought it but things do get better my advice to you is give ppl time to see who you really are

i made a thread about that experiennce i think

hang in there bud your doing really really well