Notices

Day 5

Old 01-04-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jkm, just to show how little concentration/brain power I have this first week, I said I was on day 5 like you, nope - day 6. Can't wait for the brain fog to lift.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Welcome Jkm. SR is a fantastic place to be, with fantastic people. You've come to the right place for support. Your story is very similar to mine. I also have 2 kids & they've often had Jaffa cakes for breakfast, cause I couldn't haul myself outa bed in the morning. I feel like I've been a rubbish mum in the past.... It's changed now though - it's great getting out of bed in the morning with a clear head and being there for them. Hang in there, you can do this. Xxx
My kids 5 and 3 having to fend for themselves for every morning for a week straight was my rock bottom. On that last day I woke up and said, "I can't do this to them anymore, they deserve their mother." Being able to jump out of bed at 7:30am to make them pancakes really filled my heart with joy this morning. It's those small things that keep happening that make me want to keep pushing forward.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tempe View Post
Jkm, just to show how little concentration/brain power I have this first week, I said I was on day 5 like you, nope - day 6. Can't wait for the brain fog to lift.
I'm suffering through that too, BAD. I'm SO ready to have a clear mind and not feel like such a zombie. One day at a time. Congrats on 6 days!!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone for your warm welcomes. Makes me a little less shy to post
Old 01-04-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome! You are defintely in the right place. Now u have all of us to talk to. You don't have to go through this alone. Keep reading and posting. I thank God for leading me to this site.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am a new to this sight also and so happy to be here..3 days sober for me. I am now looking forward to doing so much more with my kids instead of me sitting home drinking... We can do this...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats on your day 5! Like someone else said it may not be a big deal to normies , but to us it monumental when u been caughr up in alcohol's vortex. You can do this! Keep reading and posting like your life dependes on it. As a matter of fact your life does depend on it.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congratulations! We can do this-we are strong! Finishing up day 4 and feeling really good! How are you doing?