Notices

Day 3 - Flashback

Old 01-03-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh I am sorry for laughing but that was very funny. Unfortunately I have many like that also. Good luck in your sobriety and please no more stories like that.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Gawd, that was so funny, but also kind of sad... I was so pissed on NYE I went out for a fag (don't smoke except when highly pissed), got a head spin, stepped on a china cup that my daughter had been playing with, fell onto the drive ... managed to get all the bits into the bin without injury and thought it was hilarious... thank god I don't have cctv... never again my friends.... Its nice to see some UK folk on here, not that the others are not great too, but PUBS are such a massive part of life in the UK, I feel like I have lost something.. in reality who knows, but in a romantic, past funtimes, smokey film kind of way... but I will not feel bereaved, I will feel lucky this time!
I've been thinking of this lately. I live in California, but am an Anglophile at heart. I've wanted to visit the UK since I was a child. As an adult, I became fascinated with pubs and pub life. I'll have to come to grips with not being able to enjoy that part of it when I eventually do visit.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Good god man, I love your posts. I lost it when you raised a toast to yourself in all your magnificence.

Glad to see you're still with us, have a good night!
Old 01-04-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Here in the UK I can walk to 2 pubs that don't shut till way late , whenever u finish drinking basically. Most meetings, quizzes, leaving dos, social events occur in pubs.... Even though its expensive... I mostly drank at home, yet always craved the pub, it was where all the fun happened before kids (for fun read drunken mayhem)....

In my town all the pubs are the eateries too.... There are about 12 in a small town! Plus about 10 shops selling alcohol, 2 or 3 market stalls, 2 breweries, and 5 or so cider makers.... No wonder er all hooked.

There are no eateries which don't sell booze, maybe costa? Its gunna be tough....
Old 01-04-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tis the same here in NE of Scotland .... everyone who's anyone drinks ....
I also mostly drank at home .....
I had a night out at a friends house early in December - there was only 3 of us. I'd had 3 bottles of red wine & some white sparkly stuff (not that I remember) ...
My friends husband had been on a night out and had come home with pizza etc....I had apparently sat and had a long conversation with him, ate a piece of pizza that he brought home and then walked home.
I have no idea about any of this .... to this day, I still have no recollection about most of that night....
Very very scary
xx
Old 01-04-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi shenzy

That is what scares me the most to, the not remembering what i did or said.

I do tend to drink more in friends houses than pubs but still go to pubs say once a month, pubs by me tend to open until very late too, i have left at 5am and still left people in there, we can be all drunk at 11.30 at night in the house and running out of beer, so we head to the pub.

I live in a town next to a city, so if we want a "big night out" we do the same just more planned, drink in until drunk then head on into the city, it cheaper.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GnikNus View Post
I've been thinking of this lately. I live in California, but am an Anglophile at heart. I've wanted to visit the UK since I was a child. As an adult, I became fascinated with pubs and pub life. I'll have to come to grips with not being able to enjoy that part of it when I eventually do visit.
I think im the same as you, i see california on tv and have always wanted to visit, to me it always looks so happy, healthy and warm :-)

I can still enjoy a meal in a pub when im with my hubby and kids and can stick to soft drinks, i am a binge drinker though so its that 1st one that does it for me, so with them i know i have no way to carry it on, i dont have that same willpower with friends

When you visit, dont let pub life put you off, you will be even stronger then to face it :-)
Old 01-04-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Funny!
I live in Thailand. If I want beer which is my drink of choice I just have to walk up the hill to the little shop that's open most of the night. Cheap cheap cheap! Anyway tomorrow is day 1 for me. Been planning 5th Jan for a long time. Today was last walk to the shop for a while. Lucky I don't have carpet.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow, ting, Thailand is so beautiful... I had an amazing trip there in 1998, and drank quite a lot too.... Think of how much more beautiful life will be when u are free of the demon! Good luck for tomorrow x
Old 01-04-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you Enfin
I geared, I'm pumped and keen. Yes many sober things to do in Thailand but I always do them with a beer in my hand coz I can. New chapter. Lucky I just love fresh coconuts! My new hydrating tonic!