Notices

Food has no appeal

Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
totfit

Skip the "smokes" and you will get your appetite back.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's funny. I just posted a thread about how food seems to calm my cravings. I never ate too much from being hungry while drinking. I would usually eat something just because I knew it was something that I should do.

Maybe you could pick up some frozen meals and keep them in the freezer in case you feel an urge coming on. That way, whatever you get would last longer while your appetite stabilizes, but you'll always have something quick and easy at hand if you are trying to troubleshoot a craving.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PrettyAngelDove View Post
Vit B and eating helps short term memory problems.
I am on day 22 today. You need to take Super Vitamin B Complex everyday which will help with your appetite and help to bring your brain back to life.

Thiamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We alcoholics usually suffer from this due to alcohol destroying this vitamin within our bodies.

Next for me is trying to QUIT the Cigarettes because that also kills hunger.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have always had a terrible appetite. But after a four day bender I couldnt keep anything down if I wanted. Im on day 3 now. Taco Bell hit the spot. The little crunch wrap sliders were kinda tasty. I also and drinking alot of mio in my water. Gives it some taste and its way cheap. Best of luck to you. I will check back soon.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Protein shakes help. If you don't want to make them, there are some really good ones on the supermarket shelf. Will help level out the blood sugar highs and lows
Old 01-05-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I literally replaced the alcohol with food for a month. Milkshakes, candy bars, nachos, pizza, hamburgers. It felt like it filled up that empty part of me when the alcohol was taken out of the equation. If I ever publish a book on getting sober I will title it Binge Eat Your Way to Sobriety.

My appetite has returned to normal now and I really don't eat candy at all now.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My appetite is lowly coming back, despite drinking at least 2litres of water/soft drink I've done just a Cpl little wee's and I can assure you they aren't as yellow and nasty when drinking. Hope this is just my body flushing the poisons out. Going to start the vitamin B tomorrow and try 3 litres water. made it through the night after work. Day 4 tomorrow. All the best and goodnight.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

take a multi vitamin at least, I would consult a Dr before taking mass quantities of any supplement.

AND - hit the salad bar at your grocery store or pick up pre-made salads. When you get into the salad munch you can start picking up ingredients to make your own. Go lite on the dressing.