Notices

Why do I feel like this? (+ Argument)

Old 01-02-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

if i was you i would move out and live on my own its the best place to be as then no one else can get the blame for how your feeling, no one else can annoy you etc

so why havent you just moved out ? seems the easiest thing to do then you can focus on you and your problem all you want to.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mate, if you think getting sober with one busy body Aunt is tough, you should try an OCD wife, ten year old boy with ADHD and 3 daughter's age 7,5 &3.

My sanity has returned so far as my reaction to a drink, but it's borderline on most else lol
Old 01-02-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Mate, if you think getting sober with one busy body Aunt is tough, you should try an OCD wife, ten year old boy with ADHD and 3 daughter's age 7,5 &3.

My sanity has returned so far as my reaction to a drink, but it's borderline on most else lol
Hats off to you Hawks. Seriously

You're quite a man to handle all that
Old 01-02-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling a little better Stevey.

I just wanted to add that those feelings are completely normal at this stage of things - I tried to think of them as manifestations of the healing my mind and body were going through....seemed to help me not freak out as much.

as far as roommates go - even the best of them will sometimes annoy the heck out of you...it's always a bit of give and take involved.

stay with it - keep moving forward mate

D
Old 01-02-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
if i was you i would move out and live on my own its the best place to be as then no one else can get the blame for how your feeling, no one else can annoy you etc

so why havent you just moved out ? seems the easiest thing to do then you can focus on you and your problem all you want to.
Dude, i am not blaming anyone I'm only participating on the forum today.

Besides. I am grateful for where I am at right now. Today was just a bad day, I'm doing the best I can.

Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
I would happily trade you that for this computer, my guitar and weights bench if ya like? lol, just saying'…
Old 01-02-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteveyEire View Post

Hey I did actually and it helped. Somebody online a few years back suggested this to me when I was gone far out. Of course, I dismissed it "thats's an alcoholic thing" , even though I was swinging from the rafters with probably 11 cans in my hand, lol

It's a good prayer, this would be a nice place to start with building a little spiritual toolbox for myself. I tried to build a palace before but it had no foundations, and needless to say the whole thing collapsed. I am lucky to have crawled out from under the rubble even.

Thanks for that

@ Hawkeye. hey, thanks. That is a good suggestion indeed. Unfortunately the headphones I have have a really short cord on, so I won't be able to get it going as you suggested there. But absolutely, need to get that project off the ground. I need new speakers also, and I actually have my eye on some really nice vintage ones second hand, got my birthday com in up so I maybe even treat myself for that! Nobody else will anyway so.

I think when she gets back, I will have a talk with her. About the housework and stuff. And yeah, my last alcoholic episode was on the 23rd. But i had done lets say 6 months before that, I really have no desire to drink anymore. Bigtime trouble in small-town Ireland for me and always has been, can't believe that it took me so long to see it that way. I really believe I can do the whole year without taking a drink, and I'm going to monitor and reward myself for doing that. I was aware that I had a problem yes, i never actually consciously tried to address before though.

@Karen. Hi, thanks a lot. No I am not so hard on myself these days, or too far the other way. Searching for balance in all things. You are right, she really has no clue but thats not her fault. I haven't unpacked all my books yet but it is on the cards, I'm going to take a very positive/practical selection from my collection. Will be nice to read a bit again. Thanx

@Carlotta. I do pay rent yes, but its a pretty informal agreement and now that you mention it, I am behind on some bills as well. Need to get on top of my finances, yep just have to suck it up for now, I aint even looking for total happiness I am trying to get through one hoop at a time (for once).

She is gone out now so I am gonna get me some music on, thank god for that. Cheers all
You are welcome!