Notices

First meeting tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Last Blackout

First meeting tomorrow.

I'm pretty nervous.

Found a place nearby. Hope I can get in to a better state of being. NY eve was bad.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Call ahead....someone can meet you outside if you don't want to enter alone. And just remember, everyone us there for the same reason as you....nothing to fear.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There's often one or more members looking for newbies. I was terrified to go into my first meeting, but a few of the older members introduced themselves and made me feel welcome.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It will be fine, try not to worry. Whenever i have attended a meeting i have always found everyone to be very welcoming and supportive. Everyone there understands. Best wishes.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have found (unfortunately due to way too many detoxes) that the ones with a little bit longer sobriety time empathize with the struggles of early sobriety. They have insight that no one else can provide (except this site of course) since they have all been there.

They are always extremely supportive in my opinion.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You most likely will feel better after the meeting and hear some things you can relate to. The best part is no one is gonna make you say or do anything. It may take going a few times to feel comfortable enough to say anything. It will probably do you good to get there a little early and stay a little after to talk to people outside the actual meeting. You'll be fine, report back on how it goes!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey there

I am sure you will be OK in your first meeting, no-one likes that first walk in through the doors.

If you can muster up some strength do let someone know it's your first meeting, maybe the person offering the tea or anyone who shakes your hand.

You will receive a warm welcome from people who will understand and not judge. They have been there. You won't have to speak or do anything you don't want to do. I just sat and listened for my first few meetings and spoke to a few guys afterwards.

All the best to you :-)
Old 01-02-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Pat