Notices

Need you

Old 01-01-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need you

Dear all,

I see how much all of us need each other and I hesitate to ask for support but I could really use some.

The positive: I went to an AA meeting today and there was a woman that offered me to apply to a Sober Living House. I am willing.

I woke up to my brother in law telling me that aliens were coming and that I needed to digest the book of revelations in that context.

My sister and her husband, and my brother have completely soaked ($100,0000 my mom, who is 83 and I have completely forgiven her for sexually, emotionally and physically abusing me.

Right now: Sister drinking, niece with ADAD bouncing, totally financially grandpa cooking and chasing niece, mom of niece texting, mom working crosswords to check out, brothers in NM and will be back to drink 15 beers at least per night. Insanity.

This is the hardest thing to write: Somehow my sister got hooked up with a damaged person and my parents allowed him and my sister to take their lives because there were children and grandchildren involved. My sister plays the flute professionally. My father had a prominent store and his brothers were college professors.

Today, my sister and her husband have no jobs. They live here. They live on cooking and eating and eating and eating.

I have completely analyzed the financial situation and there is no way this can be sustained and when I present this in January, everyone is going to be shocked. Property taxes have not been paid and I paid what I could so the house would not be taken.

Vent: I am still in shock that my sister and her husband would excuse themselves and that my mother and dad would have tolerated. My sister and brother stole thousands from my parents and if my dad would not have passed the credit card companies could have convicted them for charging money over 100k.

I had a breakdown last year and had to come back. God gave me a gap year and I am moving forward. I will do anything to stay sober. I have a wonderful daughter in recovery. I have a good social security income and can work. I found a wonderful AA group. I am joining a church on Sunday.

I am going to volunteer at the animal shelter. I lost my SammyDarling Beagle and I got to kiss a beagle last week.

Please tell me that it is ok to move on to maintain my sobriety.

I do not like my resentment. Mainly, I am so disappointed. And let me tell you, that I was no peach after my breakdown but God came through.

One more thing, if I can confess a hurt.

My sister, who stole from my mom and dad, and was drinking, got up in the living room and mocked me. She called me every name in the book. Every flaw that I have (so many) was addressed. I stood up and said: "
At least I know where I stand." I walked away.

I am so grateful to all of you for having a safe place to write to you.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for all the family turmoil. You may also want to check out the Friends and Family section for advice.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your situation but you have to do what is best for you. Easy for me to say but I don't see how you can manage sobriety in that environment. Save yourself.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its ok Beach you can move on with your sobriety

Sorry things are like this but by staying sober youl always have a better outcome

you got us 24/7 Beach lean on us whenever you need

Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh beach! You so deserve to move forward!
Please follow through on the sober living application and keep yourself safe.
Sending hugs and support your way.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I definitely think it's important for you to move on to save your recovery. The situation you are living in sounds very difficult.

I hope that you find some peace.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I definitely think it's important for you to move on to save your recovery. The situation you are living in sounds very difficult.

I hope that you find some peace.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry you are going through all the family trauma. Saving yourself us a good thing. You will be sucked in further if you stay there.
We are here for you and we are so glad you are here.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Beach, please move on so that you may maintain your sobriety. It's more than ok. It is necessary.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am going to! I never dreamed this would be so hard but I am going to do this! TY
Old 01-01-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh my heavens. "more than ok." Oh, music to me. Oh, thank you.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

You go for it Beach. I regularly see folks like you turn their lives around very quickly when they get stuck into the AA program. The good stuff is much closer than you think
Old 01-01-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh, thank you. Blessings to you. I can feel your support. I needed that. I will go on.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is more than ok to divorce yourself from all that dysfunction

Good luck with the sober living house

D
Old 01-01-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, thank you. I have great memories of visiting Australia. Now I am receiving support from New Zealand. I believe you and I will do what it takes and I am so scared and shocked. But I will tell you, it could be worse.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dee,

I see your words of wisdom. I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS OK SO I CAN MOVE ON.
I didn't think it was ok but it is. I am really scared because I am sober and can see but I don't want to blame. Thank you!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh, back at ya! thank you. Oh my....oh great
Old 01-01-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome Beach. I hope you fine some experience, strength and hope here. :-)
Old 01-01-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have some estranged family members. I understand how things can weigh you down. We can't choose our family. You know you are a good person so don't let someone else's words make u believe differently. I see a therapist to help work thru my emotions and come to this site often. Hope you feel better, keep posting and reaching out for support.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Oh Beach, what a toxic situation. Yes, move on , move out, move up.

Stay sober, my friend