Notices

What are you doing tonight?

Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I'm going with my husband to a small party at his friends house! I know it sounds risky but I feel much safer celebrating away from home. We always threw the party at our house and if we were to stay home.. my husband would no doubt be drinking anyway. So I'm going as the designated driver. I feel good about it.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am home tonight, and glad about it. Made crab mac and cheese with a buttery cracker topping for my dinner, a glass of sparkling cider awaits me and my latest obsession- BROADCHURCH on Netflix.

Knitting and the cat on my lap. Enjoying the last week of quiet- my puppy arrives next week. It's ALL good.

Happy NYE, everyone. First year in a long time when I have not been looking back in pain and remorse. It's just the best feeling ever.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm staying home with my dogs and cats and probably watching Star Trek tos. Will go to bed before the new year comes. I never do anything special at NYE. And I rarely go out. Too afraid of drunk drivers...
Old 12-31-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

at home with the folks - cooked up a prime rib roast and now i am going to have a tea and a couple oranges while I watch Das Boot for the hundreth time. I love that movie! Ill be zzzz'ing by 9:30 and up tomorrow to workout without a hangover.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

We had friends over for dinner and they just left. They brought over a bottle of wine which remained unopened as no one wanted to drink it�� I drank San Pelligrino, my friend drank soda and the guys each had a beer.

They have a new baby and it was all about her which was very nice. I would have never been able to snuggle with a newborn nursing wine like I used to��

Happy New Years everyone!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
I made homemade pizza tonight - green peppers, mushrooms and tons of mozzarella. So good! I'll have a slice of chocolate brownie cake with my tea. And have been sipping on sparkling water with white grape juice throughout the day.
That sounds wonderful
Old 12-31-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Pizza and a movie with my wife, 2 year old daughter, and month old son. Got a cheesecake and a bottle of sparkling grape juice ( sweets have taken the place of booze for special occasions).
Old 12-31-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I'm happy to be comfortable right here on my 4th sober New Year, rootin for everyone.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Stay positive.

Sounds like everyone has a nice night ahead of them. This is going to be a relaxing, sober New Years for me. Went to the movies with my honey, grabbed some takeout and now camped out in our king size bed watching movies until bed. Couldn't ask for a better night. Going to wake up sober and begin a new chapter in my life. Wishing all of you a happy and healthy 2015
Old 12-31-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

2am here, have just returned from a gig. Well paid ! Lots of drunken revellers and I was stone cold sober. Glad to be home with my slippers on.

Am starving, eating beans on toast !

So good to hear that so many have had such a nice evening,

Happy New Year guys Xx
Old 12-31-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm staying home with my husband and kids, making pizzas, watching movies and lighting off some left over fireworks. My daughters making brownies.

My drink of choice is water with a squeeze of lemon. I put a water app on my phone and try and get in at least 10 to 12 glasses a day. I think it helps keep the cravings at bay.

Happy New Year! <3
Old 12-31-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hanging out at home relaxing, it's where I want to be. I'll try to make it to midnight, I'm sure my wife won't.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sitting at home hoping the fireworks don't wake up my 1 yr old. I made braised balsamic chicken for dinner and my hubby made some cookies for dessert. Trying to keep it all down with this morning sickness. Life is a bit different from my 20's, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just worked out, now stuffing my face with a Chipoltle veggie bowl. Total foodgasm.

Bunnez
Old 12-31-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Staying in. Honestly, the thought of even trying to pretend to celebrate/party/whoop it up sounds about as appealing as sliding down a cheese grater naked.

This is my first New Years Eve sober. I am pretty much slumming it on the couch watching old Ricki Lake videos on youtube. I wish her show was still on!

I remember last New Years day I was soooooooooooooo hungover.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Watched Elton John from Vegas doing his 'Million Dollar Piano' Show. Sale-priced Lobster Tails for Din-din with Broccoli and Garlic Bread. Sparkling Grape Juice for me. Champagne for Da Wife. No probs by me.

'The Twilight Zone' Marathon on the SYFY Channel now has William Shatner seeing a Creature out on the Airplane Wing wearing a hilariously-bad, hairy Suit.

I was up by my usual 05:30 this morning getting busy doing Laundry. I went to the Rose Parade in College. I look forward to it tomorrow, Sober. Being from there, Da Wife will be all over the Michigan Game tomorrow morning.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
Staying in. Honestly, the thought of even trying to pretend to celebrate/party/whoop it up sounds about as appealing as sliding down a cheese grater naked. This is my first New Years Eve sober. I am pretty much slumming it on the couch watching old Ricki Lake videos on youtube. I wish her show was still on! I remember last New Years day I was soooooooooooooo hungover.
Lol that's awesome, good for you! Happy new year to you!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Surf and turf - steak and lobster here at home with my lady and her boy. Then a food coma, a movie and early to bed for an early rise to catch the first sunrise of the year and a 15k run
We had surf & turf here too! Just sprayed the kiddos in the hot tub with the hose - good times
Old 12-31-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gippy1968 View Post
We had surf & turf here too! Just sprayed the kiddos in the hot tub with the hose - good times
Ditto that surf and turf tonight! Finished the meal with a nice slice of chocolate cream pie too. Mmmm...
Old 12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Having a glass of seltzer water with my wife. No kids.Getting ready to watch guardians of the galaxy. Happy, sober new year everyone.