Notices

What are you doing tonight?

Old 12-31-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Worked early this morning, so just trying to make it to midnight without zonking. I wonder what it's like to watch the Times Square ball drop sober.

Was planning on watching movies tonight but got caught up for a couple of hours reading through the "lighter side" thread. Funny stuff! Now it's after 10 and I don't want to get caught up in a movie and miss midnight. Guess I'll kick around here for a while longer.

Just had some pepperjack stuffed chicken breast and cheddar mac and cheese for dinner. Delish!

Sipping on seltzer now, have some cream puffs I'll dig into in a while.

Feeling pretty content, all in all.

A happy New Year's to everyone!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just got back home with the family from my mothers house. reading a book, petting the dog and watching my boy sleep. My daughter is giving mommy a new hair style. What a great, simple and sober NYE!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hanging out w/hubby, kids & our kitties. I made some tricked up queso & some other fancy appetizers. Our Oreo fluff is chilling in the fridge. Our drink of choice is seltzer water w/our sparkling juice chilling & awaiting midnight. Helped daughter "marble paint" her nails & now I'm spending the evening with all of you.

Happy 2015 to all.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

OREO FLUFF??? I think I need this! Hearts, I knew I loved you for a reason!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My second sober NYE.

Some holidays leave me a little melancholy. This is one of them. A chunk of down time coming; chilly temps here don't offer many outdoors options.

For a while it felt like the blues were getting the best of me today. I hate that. Did an extra intense workout, though, and I think it helped. Some movie-going is in store for me over the next few days.

Watching a little "Twilight Zone," then off to bed.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JanieJ View Post
2am here, have just returned from a gig. Well paid ! Lots of drunken revellers and I was stone cold sober. Glad to be home with my slippers on. Am starving, eating beans on toast ! So good to hear that so many have had such a nice evening, Happy New Year guys Xx
Beans on toast... You must be from across the pond... Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
learning to live

Worked the first half of the day. Checked SR and read my Bible when I got home. Went to buy a new outfit for work as I had good coupons. Picked up chips and dip at the store afterwards for appetizers. Ate that and a nice meal with dessert. Now spending my evening in bed on SR, sipping hot tea and watching TV.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
OREO FLUFF??? I think I need this! Hearts, I knew I loved you for a reason!
I found it on Pinterest (my other home away from home). It's so easy & tasty (although a little dab will do ha). Will send you the link!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Watched Elton John from Vegas doing his 'Million Dollar Piano' Show. Sale-priced Lobster Tails for Din-din with Broccoli and Garlic Bread. Sparkling Grape Juice for me. Champagne for Da Wife. No probs by me. 'The Twilight Zone' Marathon on the SYFY Channel now has William Shatner seeing a Creature out on the Airplane Wing wearing a hilariously-bad, hairy Suit. I was up by my usual 05:30 this morning getting busy doing Laundry. I went to the Rose Parade in College. I look forward to it tomorrow, Sober. Being from there, Da Wife will be all over the Michigan Game tomorrow morning.
I've been on a huge Twilight Zone kick lately, courtesy of Netflix. I watch a couple every night.