Notices

In the morning

Old 12-30-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In the morning

I've noticed lately that if I drink I am still quite drunk in the morning. Is this something others noticed at some point before stopping?
Old 12-30-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did at one point and I ignored it and continued the downward slide. It got to the point that I was drunk all the time. Maybe not falling down drunk but I was not sober in any way, shape or form.

It is a warning sign I did not listen to.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For me, that usually meant I'd had an awful lot to drink.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm with gracie - it was a warning sign I did not listen to.

I was drinking so much - from sunup to bedtime - that 4-6 hours sleep (most I ever got in those days) made no discernible difference.

You'll find a lot of support here to help you quit drinking and stay stopped tho,
changingthegame

D
Old 12-30-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes...when you drink toxic levels of alcohol. It also may be a sign that your body/liver is having trouble metabolizing the alcohol due to damage.

Maybe see your doctor. Best of luck to you. You're in my prayers.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

It was a warning sign i ignored also

In the end i was a 24h drinker im glad i got sober

SR is fantastic for help support guidance and advice
Old 12-30-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think this happened to me but I really didn't think about it at the time. I wouldn't feel AS hungover until about 11am when the real hell would begin. Then it was counting the minutes until I got home from work and poured the first drink to relieve the horror. I was sick all the time. What a terrible existence.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I remember sometime in my thirties I started having what I then referred to as "the really bad hangover". This is the hangover that gets worse, not better, as the day goes on.

I didn't really think about it at the time but what "the really bad hangover" signifies is that you were still somewhat drunk when you woke up, and your BAL fell during the rest of the day, with the hangover setting in proper in the afternoon.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes - have been there many a morning.
I used to think I didn't feel too bad some mornings - but I was still half canned from the night before.
Like others - my hangover didn't set in until lunchtime .... then the afternoon of hell and counting the minutes until it was "wine o'clock" again .....

Not good -
Old 12-30-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Reverse tolerance.

Bunnez
Old 12-30-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happened to me as well. It was actually one of the signs that FINALLY made me quit. Taking my kid to school, attending a breakfast for the kids, talking to people, holding a baby, hungover/still drunk/smelling like booze was one of my wake up calls that I was an alcoholic and had to quit.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was also waking up still drunk. But not anymore!
Old 12-30-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Whats with the "."'s people are doing after their posts?

But onto the subject at hand, man way too many times did I drive the next morning still drunk or buzzed which was mainly due to drinking until 2 am when the bars shut down and getting up at 7 to go to work...

Its not a good thing and am sooooooo glad I am not doing that anymore. I feel pretty damn good when I wake up compared to those days.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Whats with the "."'s people are doing after their posts?
There's a little glitch in the site that is causing double posts. The "." is how they erase the second one. You have to put something in the box.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh wow, just rereading this thread is like giving my sobriety super powers.

I could not imagine ever having to go through one of those hangovers again.

Perhaps the worst, the very worst part was the heart palpitations. On particularly bad days, which was most days, it would feel like my heart was moving around my chest.

And drinking huge amounts of water (liters) and not having to wee until later afternoon because I was so dehydrated. Never, ever, ever, ever again.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sickofthiscrap View Post
I remember sometime in my thirties I started having what I then referred to as "the really bad hangover". This is the hangover that gets worse, not better, as the day goes on.

I didn't really think about it at the time but what "the really bad hangover" signifies is that you were still somewhat drunk when you woke up, and your BAL fell during the rest of the day, with the hangover setting in proper in the afternoon.
I've had a LOT of 'really bad hangovers'
Old 12-31-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Changingthegame View Post
I've noticed lately that if I drink I am still quite drunk in the morning. Is this something others noticed at some point before stopping?
Yep - it's the worst to wake up early on a work morning and think you're fine because then you know that you're still drunk and that the inevitable crash is coming sometime between 9am and 1pm at work. I used to use an online blood alcohol calculator to measure the damage, and it was pretty pathetic when I'd binge to the point that stopping by 9pm at night meant I wouldn't zero out until the next afternoon. It must have been pretty accurate because I'd usually crash just about the time it estimated my BAC would hit zero.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Definitely. I recall a couple of times that I would realize during the course of my shift that I couldn't remember the ride to work. It's a wonder that I was able to get showered, shaved, and dressed at all. Bad times.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MelindaFlowers;5106475]Oh wow, just rereading this thread is like giving my sobriety super powers

Yep Melinda got to agree with that one, it's giving me the cold shivers! I used to almost always wake up drunk when as I was drinking as I'd usually be up until the morning drinking then just pass out for a few hours, wake up then carry on. Yeuk yeuk yeuk awful memories of that, still never again X