Notices

We remember you fondly and miss you.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We remember you fondly and miss you.

Happy Holidays SR. I haven't posted in a while but do read daily! I hate Xmas. I really do. This is my least favorite Holiday of the whole year.

I received an amazing x-mas greeting card from someone who means a lot to me. Her note ended in, "We remember you fondly and miss you."

I am so touched by her simple statement.

I just had to share
Old 12-27-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you FourSeasons
Happy New Year

D
Old 12-27-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope next year is your best year ever.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I hope next year is your best year ever.
AWWWWW.... XOXO... and right back at you, Least!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FourSeasons View Post
Happy Holidays SR. I haven't posted in a while but do read daily! I hate Xmas. I really do. This is my least favorite Holiday of the whole year.

I received an amazing x-mas greeting card from someone who means a lot to me. Her note ended in, "We remember you fondly and miss you."

I am so touched by her simple statement.

I just had to share
Yes, I too find Christmas a challenge. A holiday mixed with sadness. Too many memories of the past. (I am 87).And I think back to when Christmas was said to be a lot simpler. Fewer toys. Certainly less expensive ones. A good dinner. Singing of carols. Emphasis on good will towards all. Whether or not a person happened to be Christian or even religious, a time for a renewed understanding of one another, forgiveness and love, including forgiving oneself. A hope that sunshine may come into one's life with the returning Spring.
But, alas, like so many other things, the Christmas of Dicken's time has been hijacked by materialism, by the merchants, endless toys, endless ads for expensive liquor, rare wines, outrageously expensive jewelry. Occasional vulgar music. "I saw Mommie kissin' Santa Claus!" (That's St. Nicholas, a Saint!)
In a grocery store just before Christmas I picked up a copy of a local paper and was happy to see a renewed effort to increase aid and support to persons addicted to prescription pills, an enormous problem even in small towns. When I was young kids in high school, even elementary school would never have thought of getting high on prescriptions, much less high on heroin, even marijuana. Those who were alcoholic became so in their 20's generally, unlike some who today begin heavy drinking shortly after age 12 or 13.
It has all changed. For those who are Christians, may it not be well to imagine what Christ would think of it all if he were to return? For those of other faiths, or agnostic or atheist, would a simpler holiday be a happier one? Have we become addicted to excess?

W.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lovely! You must be very precious to her.