Notices

I Had 1 beer, have I relapsed and start counting agai?

Old 12-26-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

oh Nuu,
no apologies needed. uh...but i'll accept even though it doesn't make sense to me...cause you did nothing "wrong" or ...uh...yeah!

there are so many words that get used: slip, lapse, relapse, wobble, bump, swig....people trying for gradations. it's not so bad when it's a slip and not a relapse. a swig (a friend of mine had a swig a few years ago) is better than a slip, and even better when we didn't like it and it didn't taste good.

sigh.

i'm not being sarcastic or making fun of anyone.

when it comes to the words we use to describe what we're doing and what 'meaning' that has, it's circular. the meaning is partly forged from the word we use, but the word we choose to use already depends on the 'meaning' we want the event to have. well, that's how it is for me a lot of the time, anyway.

that's why it's helpful to me to just stick to a fact: drink. a person put a liquid to their mouth, opened the mouth, put the liquid in and swallowed.

what follows after that or even before that in terms of the words used to describe it doesn't change the fact. and there is no judgment whatsoever in a fact.

y'know, in a way all my struggles are around what words i use and what meaning i give to certain facts. hm. must think about this some more.
thanks for your post, Nuu, and prompting more thinking.