day 16

Old 12-18-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go SM on 3 weeks thats fantastic

Well done
Old 12-18-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you, you guys make the it possible as without this support it would not be possible..at least for me !!!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sydneyman
Congratulations on your 21st! That's great man. I just wanted to mention that the threat of esophageal varices is one heck of a good reason to quit. My daughter is a doctor and when she told me about what happens when you get osophageal varices... and it's not nice... i too decided that was it. Fortunately the body's an amazing machine, and if you give it half a chance, it will work towards recovery.
Hang in there...

Last edited by Dee74; 12-18-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: no commercial links please
Old 12-18-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

AWOL....It may sound dumb but I needed this to turn myself around.. I will NEVER go back to that.. I had 30 years of "fun" I have had to grow up and be mature and take charge of my own life..I feel better than I have ever felt. Your article was a nice reminder of what happened to me. I will print it out and keep it close and read it when I need to remind myself how rock bottom I did hit. Thanks again!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sydney man!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 22...feeling good and strong..I hope the strength stays!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

day 23..yesterday was HARD. I had friends over before going out for dinner who were drinking in the garden...I was SO tempted to have something but no, I was drinking diet soft drinks. At dinner I was handed the wine list etc...It was really hard. This morning my partner is having a massive hangover and I am not..That was a test and a half but I survived and remember every minute of the night and how drunk some of those people really got. Not a pretty sight.....
Old 12-20-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you stayed strong, Sydneyman. Congrats won 23 sboder days.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks SoberL....I must say I thought I was a bore last night. A dear drunk friend told me how remarkable he thought I was. He was slurring trying to be nice. I know he meant well but I think we don't have the same chemistry amongst us as I was the odd one out..Am I boring??
Old 12-20-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Thanks SoberL....I must say I thought I was a bore last night. A dear drunk friend told me how remarkable he thought I was. He was slurring trying to be nice. I know he meant well but I think we don't have the same chemistry amongst us as I was the odd one out..Am I boring??
Congrats on the 23 days! Keep on going and lean on SR when ya need to.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Not being drunk is not the same as being boring

I dunno about you but I talked a load of tosh when I was drinking...I much prefer being quieter now - it's the real me, and the conversations I do have are meaningful.

I have no idea how to talk to drunks now.

give yourself time to learn to be sober and social sydneyman

D
Old 12-20-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I know bejng drunk, talking trash and swaggering does not equL fun. I guess it is just hard to talk about anything sensible when your friends are plastered. Yes and true every new social situation is totally new being sober and it will take time to adjust. Love being sober and clear headed. Have a great day you all!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day24 today.. last 3 days of work before Christmas. Monday morning is here. The big test comes during the coming 4 day Christmas holiday break, starting on Christmas Eve. I will log in and read SR constantly to keep me on the right track. Happy days SR community!!
Old 12-21-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 24 SM you sir are Awesome
Old 12-22-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Today I have woken up 25 days sober, no hangovers and loving it,, It is a rainy, gloomy day in Sydney but I feel sunshine inside. 2 more days at work and then a 4 day Christmas holiday break.
Have a great day SR family!
Old 12-22-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 25.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 26.. 1/2 day of work today and the 4 day break starts.
Merry Christmas to Everybody enjoy a safe and sober holiday!!!!! Speak soon x
Old 12-23-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Merry Christmas, sydneyman and congrats on your 26 days!
Old 12-23-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well the little alcohol voice has come for a visit. I finish work in 1 hiur and on my way to the airport. I will go to the lounge first to have lunch as had nothing to eat this morning.. So what else does the lounge offer, ALCOHOL for free as much as you want... I had a quick thought, well it is xmas and I am on a 4 day holiday break maybe a nice gllass of chardonnay before I fly..!!!! I know where it would lead me, to a 4 day binge and most likely calling in sick when I am due back to work on Monday... The temptation is there for sure... Deep breaths and a soda instead as day 27 tomorrow. I need to keep that as my mantra or else I will fail. Avoiding the lounge is not something I want to do as I need to get used to being in places where alcohol is served. I am among drinkers the whole time to top it all of!!! Going to be a hard battle this one.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Well I am in the lounge waiting for my flight to board.. I grabbed a great turkey camembert and cranberry sauce roll and 2 sparkling waters.. First time I am in an airline lounge sober. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.. And I realize that I am not the only one drinking mineral water... so far so good. I think being sober and entering into situations that always had alcohol attached is going to be weird at first. But its actually not bad at all and I wont die.. I am not clinging to the bottle everywhere I go anymore. I feel free.